• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

That's definitely some very old PC synth music there, almost certainly of the FM variety. I tend to prefer what composers did with the Mega Drive/Genesis sound chip (and the very different, arguably more sophisticated SNES sound chip, which that Fire Emblem song above you shows off very nicely), rather than what they did with PC games running on supposedly more capable sound hardware. But ignoring that, this is actually quite a catchy tune, if a rather sonically simple one (not that it needs much more, actually). 7/10.

7/10 I don't care for Metroid so my little knowledge of it comes from mainly the Smash series and what (very) little I've played of Other M before selling it; but this version of the theme is pretty cool I guess, I especially like the bit of monologue in the beginning.

Kind of an odd one, but this track is my second favorite in the game so I'm curious to see what someone else thinks of it:

8/10 the flute has a nice calming effect and the African chanting really adds to the atmosphere (and certainly fitting for the title ofc), imo. Definitely a unique lobby theme.

Because I'm on a Nitro+chiral high again after replaying four of their games and getting to a fifth one next month (and hopefully soon a sixth one that'll release this year in English), have a track from my third favorite VN of theirs (and for anyone that is big into VN's, the singer should be very familiar):

4/10
I feel like it clashes with itself a bit too much. The instruments are pretty loud and tend to drown out the lyrics, and I don't feel like the two really go with each other stylistically, either.

And now, the opening theme to one of my favourite N64 games:

5.5/10 old school battle themes are great and all, but I wish this one sounded like it's own thing, if that makes sense. Doesn't sound all that different from other JRPG's from the same year/system tbh.

5.5/10 old school battle themes are great and all, but I wish this one sounded like it's own thing, if that makes sense. Doesn't sound all that different from other JRPG's from the same year/system tbh.

that's kind of dragon quest music as a whole.
anyways 7/10

been a long time since I posted littlebigplanet music, but this one is one of the interactive songs in the series, so I just skipped ahead to the full mix in the link.

Hey, it's been a while since we've had Zwei!! music appear in this thread! I almost feel kind of irresponsible for not posting any myself lately, haha. Anyway, I think that I prefer the remake version, as it's the one that I remember hearing first (and possibly the first piece of music from Zwei!! that I ever actually heard) and for its faster pace, even if that makes it feel very different from the original version. The lovely instrumentation (especially the acoustic elements) helps a lot for both versions, though, as it does for the entire soundtrack, really. 7.5/10 for the original and 8.5/10 for the remake.

I don't think that we've had any Etrian Odyssey music here for a while either, so...

8/10 kinda exhilarating in a way, sounds like a theme you'd hear before an important story mission or battle. Also, and maybe it's because I rewatched a lot of Star Trek Voyager episodes a few nights ago, but it sounds like a piece from the Star Trek series itself.

Started feeling nostalgic for this one since I've been thinking of this game again recently; also cause Morrigan is my favorite lol:

It's not the greatest song of its type ever, but it's certainly very catchy! Makes you wonder what the gameplay is like, with music like that. 7/10.

Yet another Harvest Moon theme (spring) a season or more too late (summer... or winter, yeesh!) from me, but hopefully it can be appreciated all the same:

8/10 good, but my favorite spring song remains probably animal parade.
feeling a bit nostalgic for when the concept of the GTS was brand new.

I wasn't able to access the GTS until Gen 5, so I actually never heard of the original rendition of the GTS song till now. Still, probably a 6/10, personally. It's a serviceable theme with a vaguely 'triumphant/rocket launch' vibe, which kinda fits with the whole 'global trade' thing.

Back
Top Bottom