• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

5/10 eh, it's kinda bland for what is apparently a party game. I got curious and listened to a few more tracks from the game and was surprised this one was the least interesting, maybe tied with the snow theme but with that one I can at least understand the tonal for it. Of course I don't know the context for this specific track, so for all I know it could be some menu theme (and sometimes depending on the game/genre, menu themes can be bland/boring and forgettable to me).

The instrument at the beginning (I'm not sure what it's actually called) is one that Dark Cloud's OST loves to use, which kind of caught me off-guard given how much of it I've been listening to lately. But said instrument is definitely put to good use here along with everything else, making for a relaxing yet very engaging listen. 8/10.

The below is an arrangement of a song that I posted about a year ago (which is one of the last Atelier songs that I would've expected to be remixed, actually, but it was certainly a pleasant surprise to find out about it):

I have absolutely no context on this piece, but its really pleasant to hear; I could have this on the background while studying somefin. 8.6/10

7/10 for World's version
8.5/10 for Rise's version

Rise's version sounds like something you'd hear in a FE or FF game, which gives it bonus points for me lol (plus I've been binging this installment for a while since it managed to surpass World as my favorite MH game, so personal bias plays a part as well). Though World's version isn't that bad either, I quite like the pseudo military-esque feel it's got going for it. (that said, Lunastra's theme is still my top favorite monster theme in the series)

Because I'm excited for SW5 and pre-ordered it earlier, I'm going to post my favorite track from my favorite SW game:

9/10
Great song! Pretty intense, with a nice rhythm. Not 10/10 because I'm reserving that for epic songs.

Darkest Lord theme, the godlike final boss of Miitopia. There are a lot of unique parts, so I'd recommend listening to at least 3:35

Last edited:
8.5/10 another great Jeremy Soule track, though not my top favorite of his. Regardless you can certainly feel the atmosphere radiating from this track, definitely fitting for the title. My favorite part is around 1:55 to around 2:35 when it gets softer and calmer before it picks up and gets slightly stronger, and the chorus onwards makes it better and more chilling as well.

Track title is "Nebbioso - Into the Fog"

7\10 Sounds a lot like those old RPGs' cave\forest theme. Listening to it reminded me of the SNES\PS1 Final Fantasies, Breath of Fire and even the GameBoy era Pokemon.

Talking about GameBoy, how about this one:

It's pretty standard Sonic rock material, but that's by no means a bad thing given that I've always quite liked this style of Sonic music: the kind that manages to sound good by sheer virtue of the talent and musicality involved even when the actual music is just OK. 7/10.

EDIT: Oops! Let's try this again...
I think that it takes a special kind of track for this type of music to draw me in, and while this isn't that special kind of track, I can definitely say that I enjoyed it for what it was anyway. 7/10.

(The opening movie music, for reference.)

Back
Top Bottom