• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

9/10
I must say I did not expect such a raw beat drop from this track. Not that it's bad, of course, this is actually kind of awesome.
hearing this makes me want to try this game too.
Don't. Free Riders was a launch title for the Kinect, with all the jank and nonsense that implies. There's Zero Gravity you could try, which is still pretty neat, if a bit less mechanically rich than the original, but Free Riders is a nightmare. Music is good though.

It’s pretty amazing that it was less than seven years ago that we were still talking about the Wii U and games on it like this one. Being that this is one of the few games from there that hasn’t been ported over to the Switch as of yet, this game seems to be something of a black sheep for its library and for the series that it belongs to, but that certainly doesn’t apply to its music (at least for me). True to similar tracks from the rest of the series, it’s flawlessly and unabashedly epic in that quintessential Xenoblade way, and I don’t think that any more needs to be said, haha. 8/10.

Something a little different from the usual Berwick Saga=Fire Emblem meme today, I think. Instead, I give you all… TearRing Saga=Fire Emblem GBA, haha! Or specifically, tracks from the former converted to the sound engine of the latter to make it sound not unlike something from a GBA Fire Emblem game. Nine tracks are included in the video below:

0:23 - Battle Overture
3:18 - Army of the 4th Corps
5:18 - The Northern Continent
7:35 - Swordsman's Village
9:18 - Warrior of Granada
11:41 - This Victory is Ours
13:47 - Knights of Razelia
16:07 - Underground Labyrinth
18:00 - Final Battle

I didn't listen to the whole video, partially cause some of the tracks listed I posted already a year or so ago, and partially cause I just finished yet another replay of TearRing Saga last month that already refreshed my mind to it's music again (and I really don't feel like sitting through all 21 minutes of the video right now tbh). That said, I did listen to each track for a little bit and I surprisingly like the GBA conversion, though nothing ever beats the original tracks in the game imo, also wished it wasn't just the player phase themes; so a 7.5/10. I did save the video though to listen in full later as background noise whenever I have time.

8/10 it's been a good while since I've played XY so I didn't even know what this song was, it wasn't until at the 22 second mark that I recognized the track and remembered when this song played. Overall I remember liking this specific piece very much, probably a tie between my first and second favorite of the OST; it just has a natural beauty to it and it gives a great feel of calm, wonder, and hope.

I've posted a lot of Hymmnos songs from the EXA_PICO games a while back (mostly Ar tonelico), so sorry if I've already posted this one before, but have my favorite vocal in the third Ar tonelico game (which reminds me I need to replay all three yet again lol):

6.5/10 a nice standard fantasy theme, but the track is definitely better towards the end when the chanting starts, just wish it was a bit longer. (Now I'm reminded of the only LotR game I played on the GBA. It was mediocre, but this one actually looks pretty cool, even though this franchise is one of the few where I don't really bother much with the game adaptations compared to the movies.)

6.5/10 Not the best Meta Knight theme I've ever heard, but not too bad nonetheless. I feel like the song's loop is really short personally, which kinda kills it a little bit for me. This version might just trump it though:

(I guess this version is somewhat similar to Star Allies's theme at the beginning, but it takes a bit longer to finish its loop, which I like.)

Last edited:
9/10 One of the very best Kirby final boss themes, awesome all around. Others have said this on Youtube and probably elsewhere, but so cool how they remixed the title theme of the game into a final boss theme. (Also that reveal of Star Dream being a Galactic Nova copy all along threw me for a loop I think the first time I saw its face.)

Now speaking of Kirby final boss themes, this one might just be my personal favorite Kirby final boss theme ever. (Either that or C-R-O-W-N-E-D.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom