• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

I’ll admit that it took me a little while to realize that this was actually a remix of the Japanese Sonic CD opening theme (up until the chorus, in fact), but I’m nonetheless pleasantly surprised to see that SEGA hasn’t forgotten about it and has given it some love here with a pretty decent arrangement (even if the song itself is admittedly not exactly my favorite piece of Sonic music ever). 7/10.

Speaking of SEGA (and of OSTs that could use some love):

Last edited:
6/10 not my favorite game within the Shining franchise, but it's OST is somewhat good. This specific track isn't my personal favorite though, but not terrible either. I'd say Princess Satera's theme is my top favorite of it's OST, as I find it to be pretty. That said, nothing beats Shining Force III's soundtrack (all scenarios), as well as both Tears and Hearts soundtracks.

I definitely wasn’t expecting that orchestra to go quite that hard, but I’m sure glad that it did, because it’s absolutely awesome. For what I presume is either cutscene music or something similarity climactic, this is suitably epic and a true pleasure for me — as a lover of orchestral music – to listen to (and it goes quite well with the “alien”-like electronic sounds, although I do prefer the orchestra more). 8.5/10.

Kind of reflective of the current weather conditions where I am right now (sans the thunder and lightning, haha), here’s something totally different from the above:

Last edited:
8.5/10 one of those cases where I really dislike the game (really unpopular opinion, I know), but the soundtrack is actually really great and at least fits the game. This specific track has always, to me, had that calming lullaby feel to it; the raindrop-like sound effects you occasionally hear also adds to the ambience of the track, which is nice. I should say that I associate this track over "Caged Heart" as Hisao's theme at times, at certain points concerning him (mostly the "feel good" moments) it usually plays, which gives off the feel of him being at peace with his heart condition.

It’s pretty incredible how such a simple theme like this, instrumentally speaking and I suppose kind of compositionally too, can have so much of an emotional impact. There are even some 8-bit remixes of this track that have more “punch”, so to speak, but with this original here, perhaps its simplicity is part of the charm for this particular part of the Wii experience. 7.5/10.

(The title here is one of those weird localizations that’s slightly different from the original for seemingly no reason. A closer translation would be “Dream Wanderer”.)

One of, if not my favorite piece(s) of music in the entire game. The fact that it's a variation of Dragon Roost Island's theme from the Wind Waker is just so perfect. (Also the location is probably my favorite place in the whole game, and the Rito are my favorite race in the Legend of Zelda, as I've always longed to fly and birds are my favorite animals. Plus, just love the simple, laid back nature of the place. :bulbaLove: ) Easily 10/10.

8/10 Not my top favorite track on the CD, but it's up there in quality for sure. I do respect the flute though, my second favorite instrument (and one I've played a bit when I was still homeschooled) after the piano.

This isn’t my favorite out of the Monster Hunter battle themes that I’ve heard here so far, but it’s still pretty decent if a tad non-involving for my tastes. Not that it’s tepid or sluggish or anything, but I suspect that I’ve heard too much of the whole traditional Asian instrumentation-plus-orchestra mix to be surprised or automatically endeared to it anymore. Nonetheless, it does its job and is, again, decent; I don’t think that it’s really possibly to have any bad music in these games, really. 7/10.

Also, @Tactician Karina, I had no idea that piano’s your favorite instrument — a lovely instrument indeed! — or that you played the flute before! That explains a lot about some of your music selections here, haha.

Speaking of piano (and another one of my favorite instruments):

Back
Top Bottom