• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

(Reviewed above: “In Spite of One’s Age ~Ver. Immortal~ Master’s Team Theme” from The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match)

Funny enough, I’d suspect that another Fire Emblem track might’ve actually been a more energetic track than this one (even taking the above example into account). I’m guessing that this is more of a character theme than anything else, but nonetheless I admit that I was expecting something a little more fast-paced. Expectations aside, though, it’s just alright for me overall, as fighting game music that’s primarily electronic-driven usually doesn’t do it for me. I do admire that wailing electric guitar, though, which helps give the song some more character to my ears. It really should’ve stuck around more often, haha! 6.5/10.

Now for this one… you all have no idea how it much it took for me to just to find this one video here. The music for this series — a long-running visual novel franchise — is nigh-impossible to find in quantity on YouTube, even through Japanese channels (a country which none of its games ever left, by the way). Which is a pity, because a lot of it is really good. Nonetheless, here’s basically the title theme for the entire series as it appears in the very first game (it re-appearing in nearly every other game after this), and probably the closest thing that the series has to a main theme.

(Posted below: “Memories Off” from Memories Off Complete)

9/10
I like it. It's a nice mellow theme to listen to

Ok so today I learned that Record Keeper had a ska version of the Chocobo theme and this is literally the most important thing in my life right now

It really should’ve stuck around more often,
funny you say that, because the song is a remix of a 2 minute loop as per the original song having neogeo limitations. even though Kof is 3v3 and songs could technically last longer than most other fighting games because it isn't a tag in system for the 3v3s, it took until 11 to realize that, which is why the songs not remixed in 2002 unlimited match are far longer, being a remake of a 7 year old game on much newer hardware it didn't need to abide by the same limitations for the new songs.

as for the above remix, I gave it a 10/10 when it first launched in FFRK, still do all this time later.

now have my other intent as mentioned

(Reviewed above: “Common Room Ravenclaw” from Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery)

Perhaps my relative rustiness with the Harry Potter universe is making me think that this perhaps doesn’t completely scream Ravenclaw to me, but this nonetheless goes quite a few places musically in only two minutes. And even if it doesn’t always strike quite as hard as it could at every moment, it’s still quite the pleasant little musical adventure for what it sets out to do. 7/10.

(Posted below: “The Wind Blows” from TearRing Saga Series: Berwick Saga ~Lazberia Chronicle Chapter 174~)

7/10.

Yes, I've known it's been two months now but it's XenoBlade you never want to be spoiled if you follow the series.

Alternate Song choice for those who do not want to proceed with the above, or for those who want to do both.
Yes, I did put XenoBlade music in place of XenoBlade music.

8.5/10 I have no interest in playing XC3, but the music so far has been really good. This specific track is certainly very pretty, the piano and chorus together in some parts are probably the best, and my favorite, part in the track. I also think it's very fitting for the title, so that's a plus.

(Reviewed above: “1000 Words” from Final Fantasy X-2)

By itself, it sounds like the kind of R&B-pop song one might’ve heard on the radio in the early 2000s (probably just before FFX-2 came out, actually). Juxtaposed against the going-ons in the cutscene, meanwhile, it comes off as kind of bizarre given that I have no idea what the context of everything is, or if there really even is any. Nonetheless, I do have a slightly soft nostalgic spot for that pop sound from my childhood (highly dated as it is now), and it’s the kind of sound that’s enhanced greatly by good vocals like those that are present here. And so, I enjoyed it! For what it is, at least. Although I suspect that might be at least somewhat subjective… nonetheless, 7/10.

I think that the only proper response to a song like that is… another song?

(Posted below: “After Rain” from Memories Off After Rain)

(It’s the ending theme, for reference. There’s also an instrumental version here!)

7/10 The song feels nostalgic though I've never heard it before... It is rather slow-paced which is nice change of pace... I like the song though I'm feeling a little lovelorn, so I have complicated feelings about the lyrics...

I never played this game before, but I really like this composition... It reminds me of something I've listened to before...

7.5/10 a cute little tune that slightly reminds me of older retro themes, specifically the beginning of the track. I do think it sounds more like something from a puzzle game than a shmup, but I guess that's expected given the design of the game.

It's grown somewhat on me just revisiting this song; but it's not really a Brawl song I'd actively listen to. And I say this as someone who likes plenty of Brawl songs.
6.8/10

Alright, that's more like it. I've always felt that all of the 'spooky' stuff added to it, like the music box beginning and the choir adds to the song. Helps that I have nostalgia for Luigi's Mansion. 8.5/10
I'm usually someone who dislikes sandwich-posting but eh.

(The looping point of this track is around like 3:55.)

9/10 - It's really good, like most Touhou Project songs! The clapping is a nice addition and the energy is consistent throughout. It definitely gives off the energy of a live (performance)!

7/10 Never played a Mega Man game before, but this is a pretty good track nonetheless.
Alright, that's more like it. I've always felt that all of the 'spooky' stuff added to it, like the music box beginning and the choir adds to the song. Helps that I have nostalgia for Luigi's Mansion. 8.5/10
I'm usually someone who dislikes sandwich-posting but eh.

(The looping point of this track is around like 3:55.)

Ah-hah! I thought that might me more up your alley, Chidamari. You struck me as the sort who enjoys spooky things, so I figured you'd like that one.

Here's another spooky one that actually happens to not scare me in the slightest:

6/10 maybe it's just me, but the beginning part of the track always reminded me of early Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem games, specifically music before boss fights/maps, so the spookiness just isn't all there because of that in my mind. That said, it still has that unsettling feeling in some parts, so it still does what it's meant to portray pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom