• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

7/10 is it sad that I don't remember this track at all? Well, regardless, it's pretty catchy though not something I'd listen to for thirty minutes lol. Actually, it sounds like music from a late 90's anime OVA I remember my dad watching when I was younger, I forgot the name, but I know it sounded very similar.

From a first listen as someone who knows nothing about how Palworld’s Legend battles look like, I’d say 6 or 7/10. It’s a decent track while listening to it, but not something that’s going to stay in my head much.

Spoilering this track because it’s a modded theme for Terraria’s Wall of Flesh boss. The is exactly what it sounds like, and it’s in the thumbnail. No blood or anything, but just to be safe.

9/10
Really good, it's got an appropriately climactic feeling that fits its context (WoF is an incredibly climactic boss for the game), and the rapid drum track that persists throughout most of the song gives it an oppressive energy that really suits the boss. Only real criticism is that occasionally it sounds a bit busy, kinda buries itself under conflicting instruments sometimes.

Yo, fellas, have some peas!

(Reviewed above: "Lake Calanhad" from Dragon Age)

The first half is suitably ominous if a bit sparse at times, which tends to be the case for me with songs like this, I've found. The second half picks up things pretty nicely, though! Makes me wonder what kind of activity is happening in a location like this, with such music playing in it. Overall, 7/10.

(Posted below: "Options/Load/Save" from Fishing Fantasy: BuzzRod)

This is definitely a solid song to end side order on. The main issue is that it's style seems strange at first and that style needs time to grow on you. I specifically love the build-up at 2:52. It definitely says a lot when the worst Splatoon staff roll is still an 8/10

10/10, this is genuinely one of the most beautiful tracks I’ve ever heard in a game’s OST. Def gotta check out Okami now! ^^

Now if only this wasn’t used for like… 6 seconds in game.

I'm not a big fan of Sonic, and neither are many of their songs posted in this thread to my liking, but this one has a quite enjoyable groove. It features harmonious and melodic beats with fast and intense elements, including sharp and harsh beeps. It seems to encompass well the speed and urgency of the Sonic games in a highly pleasant musical rhythm. I would rate it a solid 7/10.
-------------------------------

I really like the driving rhythm and the blend of electronic and orchestral instrument sounds. I don’t know the context for the song, but it makes me imagine the party navigating a steampunk sky fortress or gearing up for some epic battle! The “whoosh” sound that plays at several throughout the song is pretty cool as it reinforces the sky/wind vibe, but it was so loud that it distracted somewhat from the elements of the song that I liked better.

Definitely the first alternative, the music literally plays in Lift areas of the game, as it takes place in an underground society and your objective is to reach the surface, so that you will take several elevators, some more technological, others hoisted by means of ropes, to reach there. I believe the "whoosh" sound refers to the noise and movement of the ropes and air as you lift, or perhaps a harbinger of the wide valleys that await you on the surface, or the sound of freedom itself.
----------------------------------

Last edited:
9.5/10 I've always been fond of most of Castlevania's OST's throughout the franchise, but SotN's OST really hits different for me (though I am biased since it is my top favorite in the series). Definitely the best track in regards to the atmosphere, and I love that it has that impression of classical music yet still a modern (at the time of release and maybe later, at least) harmony.

(Reviewed above: "Bhaalspawn Battle" from Baldurs Gate II)

It's genuinely intense yet simultaneously — in kind of a somewhat weird contradictory way — kind of flat to my ears. Maybe because I've heard this kind of stuff many times before which makes it kind of lose its luster after a while. In any case, 6/10.

(Posted below: "Prologue" from Rhapsody II: Ballad of the Little Princess)

5/10 I thought the game was just fine, but the soundtrack is hit or miss for me, unfortunately. I don't know, I just don't really like this specific track in general; it's not the worst, but I guess a few other tracks kind of spoiled me at the time and this one is just, meh to me.

6/10 It is an intense theme that I guess fits the title okay - assuming it's supposed to be a battle theme - but doesn't sound too different from other dramatic events/epic battles that you'd hear from any other similar scenes.

7.5/10
It's a classic, and it ultimately became popular for a reason. I can't claim to be as into it as some in the Undertale fandom are, but it's a catchy and impactful song that's very fitting for the fight in which it plays.
That being said, while I would absolutely consider it a good song, I do think there are songs in the OST that are superior to this one, yet receive much less attention. (That's beating a dead horse, though.)
Of note is that MEGALOVANIA is a very "heroic"-sounding theme, which helps convey the urgency of the battle quite well... for you, it's a hellishly hard final boss in a video game, but for your enemy, this is his last chance to avenge his ruined world and stop you from completing your literal, actual genocide against his people.
But for most, a bit more attention has to be turned to the fight itself due to its infamous difficulty, leaving little room with which to enjoy the track.
That's what I've heard, anyway. I dropped the game after getting True Pacifist; couldn't really bring myself to harm the characters I had gotten so attached to.

6/10 Guilty Gear music is generally pretty good and they're usually pretty "safe" compared to other game OST's, but they also fall into sounding similar to other fighting game tracks (not a bad thing, as GG generally has my favorite music within the genre). Regardless, this track is slightly weaker compared to Bloodstained Lineage, which I think the guitar works the best in that track more.

9/10
It's a little strange, I was expecting something slightly different from the lead-in for some reason, but like, that's not really a point against it, this is a funky-ass bop.
That being said, while I would absolutely consider it a good song, I do think there are songs in the OST that are superior to this one, yet receive much less attention. (That's beating a dead horse, though.)
Spider Dance solos Megalovania so hard, it's true

Back
Top Bottom