• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

7/10. Solid, but ever since the Generations remix my thoughts on the original have been forever sullied.

Sorry, don't know the meme response.
Since nobody guessed it before my next post, here's the answer!
//

Doubt anyone's gonna find it appealing as a song, but here we go anyways!

またさいたま2000 / LindaAI-CUE
Taiko no Tatsujin 14

The song that marked the return of the 2000 series of songs in Taiko no Tatsujin, aka Taiko: Drum Master, after its supposed end in Joubutsu 2000. Several references are hidden in its melody and its chart, and you can even hear LindaAI-CUE speaking to the player about yet another one of his trips to Saitama!

9/10. Makes me kinda want to hear a couple more instruments jump in, that's the only reason it's not a 10.

Isn't that character from a Japanese arcade game?
I put the name of the game (or its associated soundtrack) below the video for a reason, but yes - that is Don (or any number of his costume swaps)! Like the song, he's from Taiko no Tatsujin, a rhythm game series by Namco. You might recognise that he was made one of the new drivers in Mario Kart Arcade GP DX:
MKAGPDX_Don-chan_artwork.jpg
His face, as well as the face of Katsu (here's a cute plushie version of him) form the faces of the drum beats you have to hit! And yes, before you ask, they are both named after katsudon.

So this time, I'll show you the epitome of that! This song comes from the third PS2 release of the Taiko series!

さいたま2000 / LindaAI-CUE
Taiko no Tatsujin: Appare! Sandaime (太鼓の達人 あっぱれ三代目)

First of all, I'm showing you guys a full combo of the Oni chart. About halfway through the song, the song starts shouting "DON" and "KATSU" in the order they appear on the screen for you to hit! This was interesting in its earlier appearances, because apparently the song was changed ever so slightly in one version so that the vocals (known as the "Don-Katsu Chitai", or トンカツ地帯 by fans) would match up with the second part of that sequence properly! Here's the lyrics in question, labelled with colours (Don is red, Katsu is blue), courtesy of this blog:
ドン カツ ドンドン カツ ドン ドド ドン カツドン ドドカ 
カツ
ドン カ カドンかつ ドン カツ ドドドドドン カツ
ドン カツ ドンドン カツドンカツドン ドドドン カツ ドン
カツ カカドン カツ カツ ドン カツ ドン ドン ドカカカドン

Here's a clean version for you to listen to, without the drum beats.

Last edited:
I never got all the special rings in that game/10
(That's an 8, by the way.)

2/10. Just not doin' it for me.
It is a rhythm game boss song. They're not usually going to have a melody for the more casual listener. Knowing this, you gotta wonder why I keep posting them.

So, with that in mind, how about a bit of Street Fighter?

Nash's Theme
Street Fighter V

No official soundtrack quite yet. I'm curious if the next person will reply with knowledge of the original versions of his theme present in stuff like Alpha 2.

I never got all the special rings in that game/10
(That's an 8, by the way.)

It is a rhythm game boss song. They're not usually going to have a melody for the more casual listener. Knowing this, you gotta wonder why I keep posting them.

So, with that in mind, how about a bit of Street Fighter?

Nash's Theme
Street Fighter V

No official soundtrack quite yet. I'm curious if the next person will reply with knowledge of the original versions of his theme present in stuff like Alpha 2.

Nope but I did post ryus theme from sm4sh and the original ken theme
Above is 7.9/10
Now the song that goes with everything

It's...not quite what I expected out of JoJo, hehe. 8/10 for the surprise factor.

I'll go with another Eschatos song today!

SILVER LINING / Yosuke Yasui
ESCHATOS ARRANGE TRACKS
Here we have the theme for Areas 1-4! If you want, here's the original version, too.

Maybe next post I'll do more Motoi Sakuraba.

Back
Top Bottom