• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

I played Bayonetta 2, loved it. Unfortunately, I never grew attached to many of the boss themes outside of the final boss and Glamor, but it's awesome all the same. 8/10.

I feel like memeing on you guys today.

She is my wife / SUPER STAR 満-MITSURU-
beatmania IIDX 17 SIRIUS ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK

All you need to know is that this song is... rather infamous in the community, as is the alias associated with the artist who composed it (the portrayal of which you see in the accompanying video. Three guesses as to who it is and the first two don't count).

And before you ask, yes, that video does play when you play this song in any BEMANI rhythm game that has them. It's real, and so are all the composers that joined in the choeography.

8/10
I like this one more than the Mega Drive/Genesis version, although both are good in their own way. It's just that the SNES version sounds more "musical" thanks mostly to its sound chip and a much cleaner and more subdued arrangement.

I see that we have four Disney-related songs in a row here. To continue that trend, how about some Aladdin music this time?

I can't say I ever had nostalgia for ANY of the above, but I enjoy this one! 7.5/10.
not sure what the meme is supposed to be though
It's an in-joke in the BEMANI community. The video and alias are super popular among them for similar reasons to the VENUS duo - the dance, the music, the fact that this thing has a chart for a rhythm game... (And, if you can understand them, the lyrics, too.) It helps that one of their other rhythm games actually gets you to dance, and naturally, that song takes its entire choreography from the music video.

Unfortunately, I don't have any Disney nor Square Enix music to give you guys to continue the trend, so... Let's try this!

Chapter 20: Soul of the Goddess / Masafumi Takada, Motoi Sakuraba AKA Chapter 20: Palutena's Temple
Shin Hikari Shinwa Palutena no Kagami Original Soundtrack AKA Kid Icarus: Uprising

The first section is a tense remix of the game's main theme, used in areas like the main menu and your single player home base as well as the first stage. Racing against time to save the Goddess Palutena's soul from consumption... And also much different to the majority of music in this game due to the sudden gameplay shift to a vertical SHMUP! Don't forget to listen all the way to the end for the hyperspeed section!

Is this supposed to be the music that plays for the objectively worst section in the entire game? Judging by the name, anyway. I will be honest, it kinda got on my nerves a bit, and though it's supposed to be tense, without the gameplay (not that I'd want it, anyway), I don't feel anything from this music. 2/10...
Wow, first time I've posted a rating like that, huh?

3/10 It all just sounded really annoying to me. Particularly the section that started around the 2:00 mark.
It's for this reason that I originally stopped posting in this thread. I'm still disheartened sometimes at the fact that some of the music I post here isn't appreciated due to our varying musical tastes (or rather, that my musical tastes are largely incompatible with the rest of you)! I mean, I get it, not everyone likes electronic synths and instruments, but god damn, at least I'm not sending you guys speedcore music!
It's kinda why I also refuse to post anything in the "Rate the Music Above [Ver. 2]" thread, because I know that's the only response I'd get!

I should also explain two things - 1, I was originally gonna post rhythm game music, which I know pretty much 99% of you hate, and 2, I posted that song specifically to see if there was anyone who even vaguely recognises the damn song (and the associated chapter). I wouldn't be surprised if the guys who liked my post on it thought it was this song instead!

And though it's not what I wanted to post earlier, I'll post some more rhythm game music, because whyyyyyyyyyy not?

Stella Sinistra, Deus Dextera / Akhuta Philharmonic Orchestra
Nettou! BEMANI Stadium ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK

An extended version of a song released for a collaboration event revolving around collecting baseball cards in the BEMANI rhythm games and participating in baseball tournaments, working towards an end goal to unlock one final song. This song was featured in the event's first half as one of the first four unlockable songs.

@TouyaShiro Don't take it too personally. Anyway, I rate your song 8.5/10.
Composers: Keiichi Suzuki and Hirokazu Tanaka

Last edited:
Don't take it too personally.
I know I shouldn't. I would have been fine, too, even after saying all that - if it weren't for the fact that a certain someone started taunting me with it in another thread.

No post or rating from me because I just need to get that out of my system first.

Back
Top Bottom