• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

Sounds like the Jimi Hendrix version of Aquatic Ambience. 8/10.

For my next post... this one should be interesting. Ryoko Shiraishi is the vocalist responsible for the minimalistic lyrics you see here in this song, at least in the second version posted below. She even put out a single of a slower arrangement! If you're wondering about her significance to the Tekken franchise, she's the voice of Asuka Kazama, a character introduced in Tekken 5.

ENDING BGM / Yoshie Arakawa, Yoshie Takayanagi
Namco Game Sound Express VOL.26 Tekken 2

Landscape Under The Ghost -Kaminano (AD2012) / Yoshihito Yano
TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK PLUS

That was interesting, to say the least... it took me quite a while to write something for these songs!

As for the first one... I honestly didn't like that much. It sounds rather "out there" for a credits theme with all of the tribal-like elements and its unconventional use of vocals, although it did start to sound slightly better as it went on. The second one feels more like a proper song, and sounds pretty nice from a sonic standpoint, but compositionally it still has some of the things I didn't really like about the original, so unfortunately it's not a favorite of mine. 6/10 for the first one and 7/10 for the second one.

Two versions of the character/data select theme from Sonic 3 here... the first from the original version and the second from the somewhat lesser-known PC version with the old OPL3 FM sound chip:

2/10 OH GOD MY EARS THEY'RE BLEEDING

I don't know why, but for some reason I really like the music this game had. It's a shame it's no longer a thing.

Damn! I wanted to reply to Baku's post with SOMETHING'S BITING!
But I digress, lol. This song is not quite what I expected out of an LBP game. 7/10.

As for the first one... I honestly didn't like that much. It sounds rather "out there" for a credits theme with all of the tribal-like elements and its unconventional use of vocals, although it did start to sound slightly better as it went on. The second one feels more like a proper song, and sounds pretty nice from a sonic standpoint, but compositionally it still has some of the things I didn't really like about the original, so unfortunately it's not a favorite of mine. 6/10 for the first one and 7/10 for the second one.
It was interesting to read this particular opinion, actually, since I knew most people here wouldn't have had that song as an old childhood favourite - a lot of people I've seen talk about this song online have said that the original is better than the Tag 2 version of the song due to the mysterious air about it. Personally, my opinion is much like yours, though I guess I'd rate the Tag 2 version higher on the basis of me actually enjoying that type of music more than most of you (and being lax about music dislike in general).

You've just arrived at the southern ocean city of Armoroad, and you're an explorer raring to tackle the Yggdrasil Labyrinth for the first time. You enter the Explorers Guild, and are greeted by the Guildmaster. Throughout the process, this music rings to mind...

Town - Engrave Thy Name / Yuzo Koshiro
Sekaiju no MeiQ³ *seikai no raihousya* ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK

Are you a Sovereign? Are you a Buccaneer? Are you a Ninja, Monk or Hoplite?
Are you a Yggdroid?
No matter your occupation or identity, you will all be welcomed with open arms as explorers.

8/10
Sounds pretty heroic, and also a bit sad and pensive too, in a way. It also sounds above-average for a SNES song, as I supposed I should've expected for Final Fantasy.

Here's a track from another one of those Nintendo arrange CDs. It's one of my favorite songs from EarthBound:

It's been so long since I last played these games, so I'd simply call it "that Fourside music from Melee", lol. 9/10.

You've arrived at Etria, a town that has begun bustling in recent years due to the popularity of the nearby Yggdrasil Labyrinth. Explorers from all over the world travel here in pursuit of treasure, fame and fortune. But perhaps, just maybe, there's something deeper hidden within the maze...

Town - That Name Was Engraved Into the 100th Volume! / Yuzo Koshiro
Sekaiju no MeiQ Original Soundtrack

You see people from all over like Dark Hunters, Medics and Survivalists all lined up in front and behind you. Welcomed by the Guildmaster, you and your comrades register yourselves at the Explorers Guild in pursuit of that same wealth.

Noticing a pattern here? Also, no Super Arrange or Untold versions for now.

Back
Top Bottom