• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

Yoooooo, this theme is so good. 9/10

I'll follow up on that with this!

Snowman / Shogo Sakai
MOTHER3+

Not many of you will have heard it like this, but those of you who have listened to Snowman in Super Smash Bros. Brawl will pick up on it quick. There's another song (two, actually) which is taken and rearranged from the iTunes MOTHER 3 albums in Brawl as well!

7/10 J-pop is best pop. That and I prefer not to understand song lyrics, since that lets you just focus on the song itself and not any sort of deeper meaning behind it (especially when it comes to Japanesse since their words just sound nice for some reason).

Anway...

Omg I know her voice, she sang that creepy song from School Days! Anyway, 7.6/10.

@Tactician Karina That song is so addicting. x'D

Composer(s): Yoshito Hirano, Chika Sekigawa, Naoko Mitome

C o n t e x t is lost on me even though I've watched an entire LP of FEA, but the song itself is beautiful. 8/10.

Not even any reasoning? D:
At least the last time I posted something 3/10 or less, I got a description...lol

I'm beginning to think that my video game music tastes differ greatly from everyone else.

Need Your Love / Sota Fujimori
REFLEC BEAT ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
I doubt I'll find a single person in this entire forum who's a big fan of synthesizers like I am...

The Jimi Hendrix stage version of Lazy Days -Livin' in Paradise-. 8/10.
Though I gotta say, that breakdown into the jungle drums is pretty random...

There's something about it though that I can't put my finger on that's keeping it from a ten.
I can think of a few reasons.
1. Not used to listening to Sota Fujimori
2. It's the short version of the song, the long version is featured on the album SYNTHESIZED3 and I can't find it on YouTube anyway
3. Even disregarding those factors, you can tell it was composed with a rhythm game in mind.

Maybe I'll show off a bit more. Let's go with some jubeat saucer fulfill next!

DANCE ALL NIGHT / Sota Fujimori
jubeat saucer ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK -Gourzaemon-

DANCE ALL NIGHT -Extended Mix- / Sota Fujimori
SYNTHESIZED5

This song forms the basis of jubeat saucer fulfill's menu BGM, a departure from the usual Mutsuhiko Izumi/S-C-U menu BGM. Under the title above, it's also a playable song!

It's also not the first time Sota Fujimori has made menu BGM become playable music with a full chart and length. The VOLTEXES series of songs is based on the system BGM to the SOUND VOLTEX series, with the latest, VOLTEXES III, currently playable in SOUND VOLTEX III: GRAVITY WARS itself and composed under the Expander alias.

4/10 It sounds like a lot of grating noises arranged to something resembling a melody to me. Though the parts where it isn't grating are alright... But not enough to outweigh the gratting bits.

And now for something completely different and one of the greatest first level themes ever in m oppinion.

I've...already commented on this one...in another thread, I think. Regardless. it's 8/10 for Yuzo Koshiro and being so smoooooth.

4/10 It sounds like a lot of grating noises arranged to something resembling a melody to me. Though the parts where it isn't grating are alright... But not enough to outweigh the gratting bits.
This is the sound of my heart crumbling. D:
Seriously, though, that just proves my statement that I said earlier. I'm never going to find a person on this forum who's got the same music taste as I do. It's what keeps me from replying to 70% of the stuff that's posted here for some odd reason...

Trust me, though, it could be worse. Much worse.

Obligatory post-something-and-keep-playing-panic-panic-panic

Gourmet Race / Hirokazu Ando
Kirby Triple Deluxe

This is the point where I realise I'm running out of stuff from my own personal library to show you guys, outside of certain albums, but rhythm game music just doesn't sit well with most of you! WHY!?

At this point I'm extremely discouraged from posting here...

I actually kinda like this one. Not as much as the song it's based on, but I don't hate it. Shock Horror! 6/10.

Shock Horror!
I legitimately can't laugh at that. My emotions are down in the fucking landfill.

I'm sorry if I'm breaking the rules of the thread by saying this in a post without replying to the above and posting my own, but yeah, I don't think I'll post here anymore beyond this. I've come to the conclusion that I really am an outlier amongst all of you guys, and my video game music library has officially run dry - considering the only things I would really have left to show you guys have either already been posted or are otherwise Pokémon (and a whole bunch of other Nintendo) music, which I don't post often because everyone here has heard most of it. With that said, I'm cancelling my watch on this thread.

I really should hang out in communities more centred towards J-core music...

8/10 I enjoyed it way more then I thought I would.

Back
Top Bottom