• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

I don't think I could appreciate this music quite as much because I've never played it. Regardless, 7/10.

4/5 This is for a racing game? The melody's somewhat lacking but it still sounds pretty epic on its own terms.
It's because the music I posted at that moment is a remix of Golden Axe music!

And speaking of music from ASRT... How about this?

Seasonal Shrines Medley / Richard Jacques
SONIC & ALL-STARS RACING TRANSFORMED ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK

This song is a remix of some amazing Yuzo Koshiro compositions from Shinobi III, Idaten and Japonesque. Sometimes it still amazes me that freakin' Joe Musashi is a playable character in these games... Also he has the best All-Star in ASRT bar none

Pretty nice! Haven't really seen much info on the game it comes from, but it's got some nice music. 8/10.

On to something relevant to recent releases! Be warned, the playlist included will contain spoilers!

Title Screen / Hirokazu Ando
Kirby: Planet Robobot (No official title and soundtrack as of yet.)

Setting the tone for a surprising amount of the game's music, we have this composition with a lot more experimentation in music direction for Kirby. This music combines various pieces of music that you hear throughout the game, the names and/or settings of which will not be mentioned here because spoilers. In a stark contrast to the nature and beauty themes of Triple Deluxe, Planet Robobot's music features some industrial and techno tones, in addition to chiptune sounds - fitting of the game's new aesthetic of a roboticised Dream Land.

Alternatively...

P-R-O-G-R-A-M / Hirokazu Ando
At least, that's what we think the name of this music is. They could pull a Sectonia on us with the soundtrack, should one come to be. With that said, here we have the theme of the third phase of the final boss, Star Dream. You can hear the sounds of the Heart of Nova in the composition.

On a side note, do not let this boss count all the way down to 1. Unless you know the trick for dodging the next attack that follows, you'll sorely regret it.

Pretty nice! Haven't really seen much info on the game it comes from, but it's got some nice music. 8/10.
That track is new to the remake, the original didn't have it. And Odin Sphere is a must-play for a sidescrolling action-RPGs. The visual style alone is just beautiful.

8/10 to the post 2 above. It sounds like the opening to a freakin' TV drama!

Now, three variants of the same theme! Pick one, rate them separately or rate them all at once!

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy / Jun Ishikawa
KIRBY ULTRA SUPER DELUXE ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK

Warrior from Another World / Jun Ishikawa
KIRBY WII SOUND SELECTION

Two different versions of the theme for Galacta Knight, the strongest warrior in the galaxy. The first is a SNES-like sound to the genre of heavy metal, playing during the fight against him in Meta Knightmare Ultra and The True Arena in Kirby Super Star Ultra. The second is mixed for a new generation with notable bass, and plays during the secret fight against him during The True Arena in Kirby's Return to Dream Land.

Warrior from Another World / Jun Ishikawa
Kirby: Planet Robobot (Once again, no official soundtrack or title for this one)

"He may end up destroying a planet or two, but such is life." Mixing in Planet Robobot's chiptune sounds in this mix of techno and the signature heavy metal we've come to know from Galacta Knight, this is the theme that plays once you drop his health down to activate his second attack pattern as Galacta Knight Returns in Meta Knightmare Returns and The True Arena of Kirby: Planet Robobot. Personally, this is my favourite arrangement of the three.

8/10 :p. I sorta liked it? The original was my least favourite, and I liked the Kirbys Return to Dreamland mix the best :p. Robobots was nice aswell,though. All the Kirby posts are making me wish I could get Robobot, though. Smh XD.

Rate any of the 3 lol.

Falcon Punch/10. I wanted to post pretty much as an excuse to post the linked video to the left.

Seriously speaking, though, 9/10. I don't have a particular favourite of these 3 remixes.

Next up, I have this for you!

Dedede Clones & D3 / Hirokazu Ando
Kirby: Planet Robobot

Dedede's theme remixed once again, but with a little something different this time around! Any Kirby Super Star fan should recognise the piece used in this mix.
I was going to post one of the final boss themes, but I'll wait for a little bit before posting that. With that said, the amount of time signature changes may throw you guys for a loop.

Not my absolute favourite song from Splatoon's multiplayer, and in my opinion, the lesser of the two Hightide Era songs (I prefer Sucker Punch). That being said, 8/10.
For the record, my absolute favourite song is Quick Start/Split & Splat of the ABXY/Chirpy Chips compositions.

Let's turn to virt for this one!

Apprehend Them! (BONUS CHIP MIX) / Jake Kaufman
Mighty Switch Force OST

Appearing as bonus music in the soundtrack, it also appears on Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition!

Back
Top Bottom