• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

For the record, while I held off from replying to it until someone else posted, WOW the length on that Time Trax music. I could listen to this on an elevator. 9/10.
For Tactician Karina... So long as someone different reacts to it, I'm sure it'll be okay.

As for the person above... Yep, that's 90's music all right. Sounds more like the opening to an anime, which I can probably guess was for this game's opening sequence? 8.5/10.

Let's go with title screen music this time. Something a bit calm, but deep.

That's the Beginning of the Adventure / Yuzo Koshiro
Sekaiju no MeiQ³ *seikai no raihousya* Original Soundtrack

AKA Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City

Neither Etrian Oddity nor I have actually played this iteration in the series though we both have read up on at least part of the lore surrounding Armoroad. In my case at least, the synth of this particular game really drives my urge to play more in hopes of an EO3U. Of course, for a potential preview as to what it could sound like, there's always the Super Arrange albums, but they're obviously not a full indicator.

7/10. Has sort of an eerie calm to it. Totally fits SMT.

So to make my overdue debut here. Who here likes giant robots and/or recently released games? Choose your main character! Or double your video game music and choose both!

srwtouya.png
srwcalvina.png

1. 10/10
2. 10/10
Both are really amazing! I can see myself listening to these themes multiple time. They also kind of sound like remixes of Touhou themes in a way.

Speaking of Touhou:

WOW. I've never heard this game's theme song before, never seen the information on it and never planned to look at anything until I got it. With that said, that's anime as all hell and I friggin' love it. 10/10.

Speaking of game themes composed for an anime-like opening sequence... This one may a bit more subdued than the one above me.

Reaching out for our future / Masaru Yokoyama (Composition by Yuzo Koshiro)
Shin Sekaiju no Meikyuu 2 Fafnir no Kishi Original Sound Track (AKA Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight)

For the first time in the series, Etrian Odyssey received a lyrical opening song! With what I assume to be the same team behind the animated opening sequence as the previous EOU game, a suitably animesque song graces our ears with vocals courtesy of Kanako Ito. That up there is only the opening-length version of the song (alongside the opening itself). Below I'll include the full length version!

(On a side note, you may notice the characters' outfits in that video are different to that of the opening sequence - that's because the recurring theme of the Untold series' soundtracks is that at least one character changes into a Troubadour. Aside from the Fafnir (who cannot use the Alter Class function), it's very possible (but recommended against) to actually make all the Story Mode characters into a Troubadour should you choose to do so.)

I've never heard this remix of Heavy Lobster. It's a damn fine one at that! 9/10.

Taking inspiration from MCH here, I'm posting this even though it's super simple and probably not worth anyone's time.

Game Boy Printer
Pokémon Gold & Silver

I'm sure at least someone will recognise this song, but I'll leave it up to the person below to guess what I'm referring to.

7.5/10
Has a pretty nice melody that, strangely enough, actually gives the song a better sense of progression than the beats do, in my opinion.

Believe it or not, this music actually comes from an NES game (with an expansion chip in the cartridge, but still, it's impressive from a technical standpoint at least):

No need for words for this one. I can't think of any. 8.5/10.
Ninja'd by Takeru. So... this one? I like it! Do enlighten me on this expansion chip! 8/10.
I think this is stirring up my burning curiosity as to what the game is like...

So, you're living life exploring the Yggdrasil Labyrinth, and now you're taking a rest as you hang out in Etria at night. This plays all throughout the town!

Town - The Lounge Where We Speak of Tomorrow / Yuzo Koshiro
Shin Sekaiju no Meikyuu Millennium no Shoujo Original Sound Track (AKA Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl)
I will be honest, the first time I listened to this after having played EO2U a bunch, I was caught off guard. So, yeah - who knew Etria had a bustling night life? T'anks for t'business! Only EO will actually know who says that quote, but whatever.

When I found it, there were a bunch of comments saying "Get back to work, Mr. Squidward" and "NO REST FOR THE squiCKED". Turns out, they come from a YouTube poop that was destroyed by Viacom (and subsequently reuploaded). The title, for those who are curious, is Squishward Feigns Krabsperger's Syndrome to Squeeze Sponges in the Employee.

Back
Top Bottom