• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

7.5/10. Probably maybe would be higher if I knew context for this!

Time to not post some more of that! Since Ryoma posted above, and continuing my own theme, let's once again give you a choice/two for the price of one.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9i7guUHB_Q

Lots of tracks in the GBA SRW games have a faster pace for some reason. Though it makes some of them really good/different/neat.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M23NRARoRkQ

Normally paced, truer instrumentalization. Also watch Getter Robo Armageddon.

No Guile in Top 8/10
Seriously, though, it's a fun theme. Not my favourite of the versions released over the years, though.

Let's go with some more Nekomata_Master today! For a song that starts out in the way that it does, I'm sure you probably won't expect how it goes halfway through.

Clumsy thoughts / 猫叉Master Feat. *spiLa*
Crevice

Originally from REFLEC BEAT colette -Winter-

(Also, you guys seriously love that Kingdom Hearts music, don't you!?)

Last edited:
I will admit, I may actually ragequit the thread for a day if this keeps up, lol. It was like a nonstop barrage! That being said, I can't deny how good this song sounds. 9/10.
well it is the same composer as street fighter II CPS ! (and the themes created for CPS2 that weren't in CPS1, the mario and luigi RPG series, certain smash bros remixes in brawl and 4, and both xenoblade games...
Oh, right. Yeah, Yoko Shimomura does good shit. I think a lot of people actually forget that her first call to fame was making people go home and be a family man, which is why the Smash 4 remix of Ryu's theme is so amazing to me - it's like a combination of the old Shimomura (the old school feel of the music, and of course being the original composer helps) and the current Shimomura (that Xenoblade-esque violin after the first song loop).

Going in a completely different direction from my last post, here's some Tekken Tag Tournament 2 music! The series' first true foray into dubstep started with this song!

Tekstep Fountain (Fontana di Trevi) / Akitaka Tohyama
TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK

8/10
I like how this song brings dubstep into the mix without going overboard with it.
(Also, you guys seriously love that Kingdom Hearts music, don't you!?)

Oh yes! I was going to post a Kingdom Hearts track myself, but given the sheer number of posts there have been since I last came here (seriously, did we just break a record for number of posts in a single day for this thread?) and that almost half of them were Kingdom Hearts tracks, I figure that the thread might deserve a break from that for a while... :LOL: So instead, I'll post something different yet equally awesome... some Sonic music!

Ah yes. Totally not Green Hill Zone. 8.5/10.

Before you ask whether or not this next song even came from a game... I will direct you to this video. Moving on...

Endless Chain ~2人でトリガーをひこう ~ Full Ver / 私立BEMANI学園軽音部 (PRIVATE BEMANI ACADEMY BAND)
私立BEMANI学園 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK AKA Private BEMANI Academy ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK

Sure sounds like an anime or TV opening, doesn't it? Well, for those curious...
It actually was a promotional video for an event that spanned multiple rhythm games! At the time, this song was the largest scale crossover that the BEMANI series had. This is the original video.

There's also a translated version here!

The song's appearance in the games happened after the event finished.

Edit: Also, on the note of our breakneck pace... Being sick may have something to do with it on my end, at least.

Last edited:
9/10
always wanted to play this game.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzfrbr3LW0U

, folks.

Oh yeah, this battle theme. 8/10.
Blindsided by Chibster. 9.5/10, barely misses out on the full 10 because I've NEVER PLAYED CHRONO TRIGGER in my life.

Now, away from the recent posts I've made, and on to something that I believe I've only shared once or twice... Gradius music!
This is the theme for Stage 7 (On The Event Horizon) in Gradius Gaiden, BLACK HOLE.

BLACK HOLE (Stage 7 BGM) / Konami Kukeiha Club
GRADIUS ULTIMATE COLLECTION

Back
Top Bottom