• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

I remember Proton Jon starting this game up on stream at one point and complaining heavily about the title screen music, heh. This song is just... odd, and may be a bit too childish. Just a bit. 7.5/10.

Next, more rhythm game music. This is an extended version that comes from Yusuke Ceo's first album. He otherwise goes by the aliases of Starving Trancer, or more commonly these days, Xceon.

朧 (Oboro) / HHH×MM×ST
罪と罰 (Tsumi to Batsu)

Originally from pop'n music 20 fantasia

Her name is moimoi, and she comes from the pop'n music series. She's an avatar version of the singer Mayumi Morinaga, as moimoi is one of her aliases, and was introduced in the same game as Oboro was. The album jacket comes from the jubeat and REFLEC BEAT series, which use album jackets for each song as opposed to banners like pop'n music does.
latest

7.5/10
The first minute of this song is quite beautiful... piano solos make everything better. That said, the rest of the song has never really been my type of music, so I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have.

I've noticed that we haven't much 8-bit music around here lately... let's fix that!

8/10
Some parts of this song remind me a bit of Kingdom Hearts music. I like it, but it's also one of those songs that's better appreciated when you have something equally as sweeping and epic accompanying it.

Here's some more 8-bit music, this time from an NES game:

OH YEAH, THIS SONG. From one of the Follin brothers, right? 9/10.
Greninja'd. Hold on, is this song supposed to be used for a specific stage in Smooth Moves? 8/10.
That said, the rest of the song has never really been my type of music, so I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have.
Well, you're lucky I didn't post the original or other extended versions of that song, then, because that piano solo at the beginning is exclusive to that version!
Dunno if we should count remixes outside of the game though
Did you even look at my last post!? Just asking real quick, lol

Now, it's been a long time since I posted anything related to Ridge Racer (if I even did at all), so apologies if this upcoming song has already been used in this thread! But with that in mind...

Rareheroes / sanodg
Ridge Racers Direct Audio

The delightfully insane sound of one of the OGs of the Ridge Racer composers graces this remix of one of the most prolific songs of the franchise, RARE HERO.

8/10
This is quite a pretty version of the song, especially with the emphasis on piano.

At the risk of starting up the Kingdom Hearts train again (not that it would be a bad thing... :LOL:), I'll think I'll go post one of my favorite themes from the first game:

Back
Top Bottom