• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

An ominous stage, perhaps? 8/10.

For a split second, I give everything I've got
I know...

I CAN DO IT / Dennis St. James
DAYTONA USA 2 SOUND TRACKS

Keeping with SEGA today but moving away from the loads of Sonic stuff posted yesterday, but within the realm of music I've been posting nonetheless. Here's the song for the Advanced course of Daytona USA 2: Battle on the Edge - Joypolis 2020 Amusement Park. (Yes, that location was named after a real life amusement park, ones run by SEGA no less!)

9/10
That was one seriously rocking tune there! It's like the perfect 90s-era racing game theme, and it also kind of sounds like Dreamcast-era Sonic music if it was in a racing game instead of a Sonic game.

I thought about some songs to follow up with that one, including some Sonic songs... but I'm sure that we've all had enough of that for a while. So instead I'll respond with another rocking tune (that's still Sega, too), but this time from the 80s instead of the 90s. Here's three different versions of said song:

6/10 It's cheesey and cheese is good, but that's about it. Though I did only listen to the first of those pieces since I'm lazy.

Anyone else remember this game? No? OK this problem needs to be fixed.

BINGO! YAHOO!

Last edited:
I will admit, for some reason this reminds me of Nova's theme from Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3! Not that it's a bad thing, mind. 8/10.
It's like the perfect 90s-era racing game theme, and it also kind of sounds like Dreamcast-era Sonic music if it was in a racing game instead of a Sonic game.
Maybe I should post the Mitsuyoshi version of the song at some point, hehe. And yeah, I definitely agree with that - the game was first released in 1998, last I checked, or at least the soundtrack was, so it definitely has that Dreamcast era feel, that general sound of 90's rock music!
So instead I'll respond with another rocking tune (that's still Sega, too), but this time from the 80s instead of the 90s.
Dang, probably should have gone for the version from the soundtrack that contains the additional melody! Maybe.

Following on from that... This one was actually a bit hard to find! Don't get the name confused with the Bayonetta version - this is the After Burner Climax version of the series' signature theme, After Burner. (If the video doesn't skip ahead, use the timestamp 57:48!)

After Burner -Climax Remix- Full / Hiro (SEGA)
After Burner Climax Sound Track
(Also featured on AFTER BURNER 20th Anniversary Box)

On a completely random note, the beach closest to me has an arcade with a deluxe motion cabinet of After Burner Climax - legit, too! It's super cool and I've played it a couple of times.

8.5/10
That was pretty awesome... it's probably my favorite version of the song now. Some parts, instrument-wise, reminded me a lot of the remixes from the Saturn version of OutRun, even though that was released a whole ten years before this game (but arranged by the same person, I think?).
Dang, probably should have gone for the version from the soundtrack that contains the additional melody! Maybe.

You're right... I completely forgot about that version! That said, I'm not too disappointed about that. Given that it's the "melody version" of the song, it has, well, a stronger melody than the one I posted, and while it sounds good, and arguably makes the song a lot better, I actually prefer the versions where the rocking guitar parts are front and center, instead of more in the background like with the melody version.

Time for some more 8-bit music now:

Not bad! Very, very simple. Probably not what I'd use when actually trekking on a cave but that's just fine. 8/10.

Now, let's go with the last known Hideki Naganuma work that I know of! Wonder what he's doing these days (besides gushing over a figure of Beat)...

LUV CAN SAVE U [luv can extend u mix] / Hideki Naganuma
beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK YELLOW DISC

The above disc is included as the 2nd disc of the beatmania IIDX 21 SPADA ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK

Still probably my favourite final boss theme in the entire series, though the recent theme of Planet Robobot comes damn close. 10/10 for both that and the special soundtrack arrangement.

Haven't posted this artist in a while! Hope you like your synthesizers!
Mother_Ship.png

Mother Ship -Extended Mix- / Sota Fujimori
SYNTHESIZED4

ありがとう〜

Back
Top Bottom