• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

Nice and atmospheric, with some unique instruments in there which I wouldn't have expected from something that started out the way that it did. 8.5/10

Now, for those who are aware of my avatar, you'll know what's coming up next. But this also has relation to the artist I posted last! Sota Fujimori happens to be a huge fan of Gradius, so he whipped this up!

GRADIUS 2012 -Extended Mix- / Sota Fujimori
beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK YELLOW DISC

This disc is included as the 2nd disc of beatmania IIDX 21 SPADA ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK (and the reason for that is because they were supposed to release tricoro Volume 2, and they didn't do it before SPADA's release!)

Here's the extended mix of a song that debuted in tricoro almost four years ago! Much like a medley before it (GRADIUS -FULL SPEED-), this is a medley of the original Gradius.
  • Free Flyer (Stage 4 BGM)
  • Beginning of the History (Air Battle) - complete with the game start sound!
  • Challenger 1985 (Stage 1 BGM)
  • Beat Back (Stage 2 BGM)
  • Blank Mask (Stage 3 BGM)
  • Free Flyer again
  • Final Attack (Stage 7 BGM)
  • Challenger 1985 briefly
  • Historic Soldier (Ranking)

8/10. Certainly got that Playstation feel, for lack of a better term... I dunno what it is with Square music made in the 90's, but there you go!

Here's a short but sweet town piece from Etrian Odyssey III!

Town - The Port City Bathed in Twilight / Yuzo Koshiro
Sekaiju no MeiQ³ *seikai no raihousya* ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK

Armoroad in the night time honestly sounds like a bit of OutRun to me.

Okay, the part where the song suddenly reverses itself is kinda unsettling but cool. Solid 8/10.

Within darkness sleeps ancient light,
within light sleeps ancient darkness.

This light, this darkness;
both are relics of paradise past.

Darkness, released from eternal light
Unknowing that paradise is no more,
Finds its way back to the earth.

Just like the starry heavens...

Beginning of a New Adventure (Title Screen) / Yuzo Koshiro
Sekaiju to Fushigi no Dungeon Original Sound Track

The town of Aslarga houses the Amber Yggdrasil... Its distinct colour is very much a sign of its difference from the Yggdrasil Labyrinth of the main series. Sounds sorta like a teaser trailer theme, which I think fits because of the intro being very similar to that of Etrian Odyssey IV (which I have posted here before, complete with its quote).
Perhaps that's why the 2nd Dungeon travelled to in this game uses the music Ever-Scarlet Forest...

Cheers, love! The cavalry's here/10

With Keiichi Okabe and Keigo Hoashi of MONACA at the helm of this song, take a dive into the Extravagant Underground, a stage in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 set in Russia...
With a song title that sound like it came straight out of Power Rangers. No, really. Only the name, though.

Mystic Force (Extravagant Underground) / Keiichi Okabe, Keigo Hoashi
TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK PLUS

Quick explanation of the album title: This second album covers what the original TTT2 OST didn't, namely the TTT2U arcade update, console-exclusive music and DLC stages. It's not actually bundled with the original soundtrack in Japan.
Western players got something a bit more complete included with certain copies of TTT2, TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 ORIGINAL & REMIX SOUNDTRACK.

Always a classic! 8/10.

Now, for something a bit more modern. Maybe too modern, all things considered - but regardless, it now exists! Lights, camera!

Studiopolis Zone
Sonic Mania

One of the three pieces of music included in the USBs given out at the Sonic 25th Anniversary party as part of the swag that around 2,000 people got, this is the music from the new zone - named after the recording studio they've been using since the change in voice actors starting with Sonic Colours!

Back
Top Bottom