• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

Surely everyone's favourite Shadow stage from SA2. Maybe. 9/10.

This was Magikarp Festival before Magikarp Festival. If you don't believe me, look at the stage!

IT'S NOT A TUNA! (Bountiful Sea) / Akitaka Tohyama
TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK

And yes, that title is a reference to ol' Ahnold. Admittedly, the music itself is kinda on that whole battle side of things rather than actually being an enjoyable piece to listen to on its own...

7/10
It's somewhat of a mixed bag for me, particularly with the instrumentation... a lot of it sounds like your average SNES song. There were some instruments in the mix that sounded a lot more interesting, though, and the song itself is pretty good, too... it's the type that gets better the longer you listen to it.

This makes me want to post some SNES music myself:

I'm honestly surprised at how upbeat this track seemed to be above all else at parts, for a song accompanying a stage named "Creepy Crag". The piano that kicks in sorta reminded me of GBA era Camelot games, no idea why... 8.5/10.

Now, for the Sonic DS game that wasn't composed by Hideki Naganuma! Here's the boss theme from Sonic Rush Adventure!

Boss / Teruhiko Nakagawa
Sonic Rush Adventure Original Soundtrack

I will admit, the trumpets that kick in during a certain section remind me heavily of Laura's theme from Street Fighter V. Oh my god.

I don't like it. 3/10

Get it? Because horse jokes? No? Ah, screw it!

I'm going to be generous and give that a 5/5. It's an incredibly upbeat tune for a game with so much violence, a perfect match for your initial battle tutorials, you'd never know the song itself is over 50 years old. (Seriously, go look it up.)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQjcGFoN6tk

(The game actually uses an abridged version of this, but it's still an epic track, especially when they use it to underscore an equally-epic boss battle. Spoilers.)

Last edited:
Wonder if they remixed this in any actual Final Fantasy games... 8.5/10.

Now, some more Taku Inoue. This is the music used for the Livemonitor, something included with certain Tekken Tag Tournament 2 setups so that players could watch match replays from all over the world!
As a result, the home console version doesn't use the song at all! [Fight for your right!]

F.F.Y.R. (Livemonitor) / Taku Inoue

Wonder if they remixed this in any actual Final Fantasy games... 8.5/10.

Now, some more Taku Inoue. This is the music used for the Livemonitor, something included with certain Tekken Tag Tournament 2 setups so that players could watch match replays from all over the world!
As a result, the home console version doesn't use the song at all! [Fight for your right!]

F.F.Y.R. (Livemonitor) / Taku Inoue

no, but it eventually became the legend of mana series, so it got remixed in that.
also ^ is 8/10

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woiHNis32hc&index=17&list=PLA1ED94C845E2FEED

Back
Top Bottom