• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

That meme that came out of TPP/10 (which is an 8 by the way)

Another new explorer, you find yourself in Tharsis, a town full of explorers much like you, part of an ever-growing list that includes the lands to the north and south of Midgard, and the ever-famous Etria. Awaiting your first adventure, you register yourselves at the Explorers Guild. Things are slightly different around here - you travel by airship in order travel to the labyrinth in the hopes that you will eventually reach the ultimate goal, Yggdrasil.

Town - Engraved are the Names that Will Resound Tomorrow / Yuzo Koshiro
Sekaiju no MeiQ⁴ *denshou no kyoshin* Original Soundtrack

Breaking story to address something. Somehow, some way, a lot of songs from Etrian Odyssey IV don't loop properly! It may have been a result of this being the first EO game on the 3DS, and I feel like multiple songs are affected by it more noticeably than in the past games, this being one of them. Of course, the prime example of this doesn't come up until you fight a bonus boss, and I'll get to that later.

8/10
Of course a song for "Eterna City" has to have clock-like noises in there somewhere... :LOL:. It's a nice track… it sounds like it could be the theme for a small, sleepy town as well as a city.

This thread exposed me to a lot of good music from the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series, which I've never played a single game from. I began to explore the rest of the series' soundtracks recently and I found this song, which quickly became one of my favorites. I wouldn't be surprised if it's been posted already (and if that's part of the reason why it stuck out so much for me), but I'll go ahead and post it anyway because it's just too good:

I kinda wish some of Overwatch's music lasted longer, but for a stage introduction theme, it's not bad. 8/10.

Arriving at the harsh climate of the northern city of High Lagaard, you're a new explorer raring to tackle the Yggdrasil Labyrinth. Unlike the one that preceded it, this labyrinth climbs upwards... Many familiars and many more new faces join you on this adventure, including the ever-famous Gunner class. This Explorers Guild is headed by Marion, a knight clad in black armour who has seen much in her time.

Town - Those Who Will Carve Their Name in Legends / Yuzo Koshiro
Sekaiju no MeiQ² *shoou no seihai* Original Soundtrack

Personally, this is my favourite Explorers Guild theme of the ones currently out there, though the one from Etrian Mystery Dungeon comes damn close.
Only time will tell if the SQV soundtrack will do anything to break that...

8.5/10
The first half or so sounds a lot like the kind of lightweight, slightly perky stuff you'd find on a Weather Channel forecast or something... not that there's anything wrong with that at all. The second half sounds a lot more sad and brings the song to a pretty unexpectedly emotional close. Both parts together make the song sound like a dirge for someone, especially with the title.

...While it is nice that that great bit of music got a remix for that game (which I haven't actually played BTW), I actually prefer the origonal. Still good though. 6/10

Last edited:
Ambience does not even begin to describe the sounds of this song. 9/10.

Just about everything I'm about to say are spoilers for the game it concerns, so here goes! I'll leave the songs in a separate spoiler.

You press on forward once again, only to be met with two familiar adventurers. They break to you the true reason they wanted you to stay away from the boss... The fiend that guards the stairs to the next stratum was once a human, the leader of Guild Esbat, and a War Magus much like Artelinde. Faced with a group of monsters, the Guild was slain and one heavily injured... With heavy regrets, Artelinde's sister was left behind. When the remaining two members of the guild went back to recover her body... it had vanished.

Soon after, the truth revealed itself to them. The body that was never found was taken up to the castle in the sky by the ruler of the labyrinth, her existence becoming immortal and inhuman... But to this day, the two remaining members of still consider the beast to be one of them. Together with her remaining compatriot, Wilhelm Der Freischütz, in hopes that they may find a shred of humanity remaining in the eternal body driven into madness, they threaten to fend off anyone who dares to approach her.

Battlefield - Guardians of the Sorrowful Ice / Yuzo Koshiro
Sekaiju no MeiQ² *shoou no seihai* Original Soundtrack

Battlefield - Guardians of the Sorrowful Ice / Yuzo Koshiro
Shin Sekaiju no Meikyuu 2 Fafnir no Kishi Original Sound Track

In a way, this song reminds me of Bravely Default...

Last edited:
8/10
This is a good re-imagining of the song... the first half with the piano and violin parts is especially nice. That said, I think that the second half goes just slightly overboard in trying to do something new with the song, so I actually slightly prefer the original 8-bit version to this one, even if it does some things better.

Back
Top Bottom