• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

Living that country life. 8.5/10.

So you've made it to a new stratum after slaying the tragic beast in the way of your progress... It's full of cherry tree blossoms everywhere you look. The sight is hauntingly beautiful, as always, but you mustn't underestimate the labyrinth even once. Moving carefully inside to this new sight with caution, your journey to the flying castle is reaching a sort of conclusion...

Labyrinth IV - Cherry Tree Bridge / Yuzo Koshiro
Sekaiju no MeiQ² *shoou no seihai* Original Soundtrack

Labyrinth IV - Cherry Tree Bridge / Yuzo Koshiro
Shin Sekaiju no Meikyuu 2 Fafnir no Kishi Original Sound Track

EO, if you're reading this, I'm in the middle of writing a blog documenting the rest of the Frozen Grounds. Hold tight.

EO2 version: 9/10 IT'S SO PRETTY I CAN'T EVEN
EOU2 version: 9/10 IT'S STILL SO PRETTY I LACK THE AILITY TO EVEN

Also, dat rock tho?

By the way, I like how you've provided some context to your last posts, Touya even if I'm already aware of said context, so I shall steal your idea attempt to do the same.

As you head off into one of the many Mazes scattered around the land, you recall that you accepted a quest from The Dancing Peacock to slay a might beast. And, after you walk through many a twisty, winding passageway and fend off many a monster, you at last spy your target, which lets out a mighty roar... And thus the battle begins!

I know that wasn't that good of a description but this theme isn't encounter-specific so I did what I could.

This song always seemed a bit odd to me in Mario Kart 8 for some reason, but that may be because I played the DS version a whole bunch and remembered mostly from that. 8.5/10.
Why all the Etrian Odyssey music guys? Are you trying to cause another outbreak?
It's mostly coming from me, and that's because I'm playing through it right now lol. I dunno if you notice, but some of the music I post from this series directly relates to where I am in that game at that specific moment (for example, my Cherry Tree Bridge post was done because I've reached the 4th Stratum).
EO2 version: 9/10 IT'S SO PRETTY I CAN'T EVEN
EOU2 version: 9/10 IT'S STILL SO PRETTY I LACK THE AILITY TO EVEN

Also, dat rock tho?
My guess is that it refers to a specific FOE... lol. Or maybe a specific bit of music, which I have two ideas about - the next stratum theme or the new battle theme that kicks in around this time.
Also, just for the record, because of how different the Etrian Mystery Dungeon version of Cherry Tree Bridge is, I deliberately held off from posting it.

Now, no context needed in text form for this song. This PV should sort that out for you.

Opening Movie BGM / Yuzo Koshiro
WANGAN MIDNIGHT MAXIMUM TUNE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK 10th ANNIVERSARY BOX

Probably not going to appeal to everyone, but regardless, more Yuzo Koshiro music! I'm gonna work my way back through the series a bit and cherrypicking my favourites. Next up, maybe some Maxi1 music...

My guess is that it refers to a specific FOE... lol. Or maybe a specific bit of music, which I have two ideas about - the next stratum theme or the new battle theme that kicks in around this time.
Actually, no. I am just refering to an actual rock. That is all.

...Or at least it would be all if I didn't have to rate that music... Well, I like it, but it is rather... not repetitive... Samey? 5.5/10

So... Context!

You and your fellow hunting partners have accepted a quest to slay a Brachydios, a mighty beast that has been pounding the wildlife around the nearby volcano to a pulp as of late. As you climb up the searing slope, you can hear the roars of what must be a massive creature and feel the ground shaking beneath your feet until, finally, amidst a pool of lava inside the volcano's core, you spy the beast... and it spies you. It licks its lips, some of its green saliva landing on its black, club-like foreamrs, while the rest hit the lava below, where it caused a small explosion - not that the beast seemed to mind. And then, after letting out an earth-shaking roar, it leaps towards you!

OK maybe I was being a tad overdramatic there but you get the idea.

Last edited:
7.5/10
I like the song itself, especially the first few seconds or so where it sounded kind of like the beginning of an RPG fanfare. That said, the arrangement began to sound a bit too MIDI-like for my tastes once the song actually got started. A fully orchestrated version could sound really nice, though.

What kind of carnival did I step into? 9/10.

Travelling on the highways of Japan's Bayshore Route, known as the Wangan, you just came off of one of the most gruelling experiences of your life - but also one that makes you feel an adrenaline rush every time you race. You've met many faces over this journey... They'll surely be waiting to race with you again.

Last Utopia~Holy Land Anthem / Yuzo Koshiro
WANGAN MIDNIGHT MAXIMUM TUNE 2 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK

Now, I have to give a proper explanation to the story above. This is the game's ending theme, comprised of two songs. The second part, Holy Land Anthem, is used in later games as a stage theme on its own that you can select if you've unlocked the retro soundtracks. As for Story Mode itself, the entire series is based on a manga which focuses on illegal highway racing in Japan (though most people would imagine it to be the other way around given how popular the games are), the titular Wangan-sen being the aforementioned Bayshore Route and actually a real expressway in Tokyo. The story mode of each game in the series pits you against the characters of the manga in modified versions of every Story scenario where your ultimate goal is just to literally be a silent witness to every story element of the series and be simultaneously better than everyone just to prove a point. lol

Back
Top Bottom