• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

Sounds kinda like you're at a mysterious ball, hehe. 8.5/10.

Rock the house! Rounding off my top 3 of the Spada†leggendaria unlocks, it's DJ Shimamura's contribution!

Feel The Beat / Falsion
beatmania IIDX 21 SPADA ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK Vol. 2

Having produced songs since the year 2000, Shinsuke Shimamura is a DJ and Japanese hardcore artist who is considered one of the pioneers of the J-core scene. His label is DYNASTY RECORDS and he's - like many of these artists - a guest member of the HARDCORE TANO*C circle. His alias in this song, Falsion, refers to the Falchion - a one-handed, single-edged sword of European origin. Its misspelling also brings to mind an arcade game by the name of Falsion, a SHMUP released by Konami in 1987, as well as the Falchion β from Gradius Gaiden. Go figure that the Fire Emblem equivalent, in all of its appearances, is double-edged.

We're coming up to the tail end of the Spada†leggendaria songs. There's only one song left, and I doubt many people are gonna like it because of what it sounds like. And even disregarding that, this song gained a chart in IIDX 22 PENDUAL that made it one of the most notoriously difficult songs of the entire series! You will see what I mean soon.

7/10
It's just OK, although it gets better as it goes on. It's understandably less intense and epic than the boss music from this game, which I think is a better overall battle theme than this track. I also suspect that hearing this song so many times in-game has desensitized me from it somewhat...

Some more Pokémon chiptune remixes here, this time from Unova, and from someone who obviously has way too much time on his/her hands :LOL:. It's 14 minutes long, and I unfortunately can't split the tracks directly, so I've made a tracklist in the spoiler below so that you can all rate as few or as many tracks as you'd like:

~0:00 - Beginning
~0:18 - Choosing a Pokémon
~1:53 - Obtained Item
~1:58 - Professor Juniper's Theme
~3:13 - Team Plasma's Theme
~4:04 - N's Theme
~4:47 - X-Transceiver Call
~4:52 - Emotion
~6:39 - N's Castle Bridge
~8:33 - N's Castle
~10:20 - N's Room
~11:14 - Farewell

And here's the video itself:

Team Plasma's Theme and N's Castle 9/10 I'm definitely going to listen to all of them later.

Original composer: Hans Zimmer
Game composer(s): Frank Klepacki, Dwight Okahara, Patrick Collins

It's alright. Nothing special, but alright nonetheless... Is what would have said until it got to around the minute anda half mark, whic is when it started to sound... bad. 3.5/10

I would provide context here but I'm lazy and can't remember it in the first place so yeah.

imma just mention @Rainbow Cloud for this thx bi

Though not my favourite variant of N's battle theme (that goes to his final battle in the original game), it's still fantastic in its own right. 8.5/10.

Coming up to the tail end of Spada†leggendaria... This is the event's final unlock, done by Hommarju.

Verflucht / Tyrfing
beatmania IIDX 21 SPADA ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK Vol. 2

Hommarju started off making music under the EXIT TUNES label (the same one as Ryutaro Nakahara), and later contributed to HARDCORE TANO*C and SKETCH UP! Recordings among many other doujin labels, growing his popularity and talent in the process. At the moment, he's a part of S2TB Recording, the label of Kosuke Saito (kors k), and was chosen by him as his successor in beatnation RHYZE. The alias used in this song is described as follows: Tyrfing was a magic sword in Norse mythology, which figures in the Tyrfing Cycle, which includes a poem from the Poetic Edda called Hervararkviða, and the Hervarar saga. The name "Verflucht" translates to "cursed" in German.

True to its name, this song contains one of the hardest ANOTHER charts in the entire series, gaining that status when it was given a †LEGGENDARIA chart in IIDX 22 PENDUAL, and as of this post, it contains the highest notecount of any Single Play chart in the entire series. I'll drop a video below so that you can witness the insanity of this chart as played by one of the best IIDX players in the world:

7/10 Not bad but I think I would have liked it more if there weren't the... scratchy bits? If that makes sense.

I don't think I've seen anyone post from this game yet so....

I'm not entirely sure what situation this might be used... I think it would suit a time attack stage because of the panicky tension it creates 7/10

Back
Top Bottom