• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

I was never a fan of much GBA music, but I do enjoy this nonetheless. Definitely sounds like it came from the SNES. 7.5/10

Now that we're done with that train of rhythm game music, here's a song from a game on the SEGA Saturn that you most likely would have heard about because of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. However, there's something a bit different about this song, which I'll explain below!

We Are Burning Rangers (Japanese) / Takenobu Mitsuyoshi
Burning Rangers (Sega Saturn)

I could have posted the proper English version, but I felt like doing this because why not?

It's the sound of a speedrun dying/10 (that's a 9)

So, you're into the 3rd Stratum. Your battles have only just begun now that you've found the Deep City!

Battlefield - Those That Slay and Fall / Yuzo Koshiro
Sekaiju no MeiQ³ *seikai no raihousya* ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK'

The reception to this song is really interesting to me, because it revealed something that I wasn't aware of until the comments pointed it out to me - this song starts playing much earlier than the other "2nd battle" themes that came before it from EO and EOII, in the 3rd Stratum instead of the 4th - and it continues playing for four Strata straight. Yes, even the postgame 6th Stratum (which contains one of the most kickass pieces of true final boss music in the entire series) runs with this theme, unlike the games that came before it. Maybe it was a result of using up the actually good battle song for the sea battles?

It's the sound of Eeveelution/10 (that's an 8.5)

I can finally confirm that I'm getting the Sekaiju no Meikyuu V soundtrack! I promised to myself that once I did that, I would post this song for you all.

Battlefield (Ambush) / Yuzo Koshiro
Sekaiju no Meikyuu V: Nagaki Shinwa no Hate AKA Etrian Odyssey V: The End of the Long Myth
The soundtrack isn't out until September, so it'll be about a month before we know the true name of this song!

You may remember me posting the FM Synth version of this song a while back. Personally, I think this is my new favourite battle theme of the "first battle themes" that play in the early strata of each Etrian Odyssey game, topping Battlefield - Storm and my previous personal favourite, Battlefield - The First Campaign (EOIII). Now, I'm not going to post too much of this game to avoid spoilers for myself (for a while, anyway), but I hope you enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom