• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

I only listened to the second one, just thought I should mention that. As for what I thought... 6/10 I liked it but I'd probably like it much more if I had actually played the game it came from.

Now, as for my music, here's something from one of my favourite games from when I was a young'n that is going to be remade soon so hype for that yay.

Also, @mods, are we allowed to post music from fangames in this thread? Just curious.

Ah yes... the other version of Tetris on NES. I kinda like the simple charm Tengen Tetris has with its music. 8/10.
I only listened to the second one, just thought I should mention that. As for what I thought... 6/10 I liked it but I'd probably like it much more if I had actually played the game it came from.
If you want my honest opinion, the original version is better, lol. And on the note of playing that game again... I'm not sure if the Wii Shop Channel is still alive, but it was a game for that, so good freakin' luck getting to play it! On top of that, it was a Konami game... The chances are extremely slim of them making something good with Gradius in general after basically blowing up their own business with C4.

Another song from Gradius ReBirth today. As I mentioned before, the entire game is a homage to the Gradius series - both the obscure and the well-known titles. This next song originally served as the final boss theme for the Game Boy title, Gradius: The Interstellar Assault, also known as Nemesis II: The Return of the Hero. Averting the use of more well-known boss themes of this instrumentation like Take Care! from Gradius II and Dark Force from Gradius III (but naturally putting Aircraft Carrier right where it needed to be, during the Zub Rush), this is the game's first regular boss theme (and the only one prior to the game's updated version). It's a boss theme through and through for the series - its instrumentation is short, fast, made in the key of panic and isn't likely to last very long if you've played your cards right in powering up your ship, all contributing to a relatively short musical piece. I'll have something nicer on the ears next post.

LAST EVIL (Last Boss) / Konami Kukeiha Club
GRADIUS ULTIMATE COLLECTION
from Gradius: The Interstellar Assault aka Nemesis II: The Return of the Hero

Truth be told, it was hard to find a version of the above song that had the drums sticking out... That was the best I could do.

Last Evil (Boss 1) / Manabu Namiki
GRADIUS ReBirth Original Soundtrack
also on GRADIUS ULTIMATE COLLECTION

It's... wow. That start threw me off. Makes me wonder who you're fighting... 8/10.
4/10 the melody sounds ok, but the whole thing just feels too chaotic.
As I told you, it's a boss theme through and through. Most Gradius boss themes of the era followed that sort of musical style and repetition, Dark Force from Gradius III being the most notable and shortest example of such. Boss themes in some of the other, later Gradius games are longer - Gradius V most notably takes some of the older themes and extends them compared to past iterations!

Moving away from the faux arcade and into a real one. Gradius II invited players to a new selection of weapons, one set of which was taken from the weapon set of the Lord British - co-protagonist ship of Salamander, complete with twin missiles and Ripple Laser, and even allowing you to select the Force Field introduced in that game as an alternative Shield option. This, and many other options, were available to players in both that game and its direct sequel, Gradius III: Densetsu kara Shinwa e (From Legend to Myth), where the extra selections changed between games and even between game ports. Traditionally, though, you were always given a selection of the traditional Gradius or Salamander weapon sets alongside other, more unique weapon choices that debuted in that game. To accompany this new selection, this music plays for you in Gradius III as you make your equipment choice...

Invitation (Select) / Konami Kukeiha Club
GRADIUS ULTIMATE COLLECTION from Gradius III: Densetsu kara Shinwa e (Arcade)

Invitation (Select) / Konami Kukeiha Club
GRADIUS ULTIMATE COLLECTION
from Gradius III (SNES)

This is the sound of Jon's huge plays. Luke, be a Jedi toniiiiiight... 9/10
1. 9/10
2. 10/10 I liked this one just a bit more.
I like the little jingles in the beginning of both as well.
Personally, I like the arcade version better, but that's just me, hehe.
I guess I never really explained that jingle - in all of the Gradius albums, whatever their "Press Start" or "Insert Coin" sound effect was, it will play at the beginning in the same context in where it usually does in the game itself (so usually in the air battle or the configuration screen). The most iconic sound effect of the lot is the one from the original, as it's been carried into the majority of games to have come out since then.

Moving away from Gradius, and back into Etrian Odyssey today. Today I bring you another piece of music from the rough sketch soundtracks.
This album is unique for multiple reasons in terms of Etrian Odyssey rough sketches...
  • It was performed entirely by Yuichiro Onuki on a piano
  • It's the only rough sketch album of Etrian Odyssey which has a catalogue number
  • It even includes music from the final battle, labelled as ***Secret Sound*** to mask this fact due to being a first press bonus for the Japanese release of SQ2, and thus to avoid spoilers before the actual album release which generally comes 1 or 2 months after the game's release.
This particular song may seem familiar to some of you in this thread - that's because it's another version of a song I've posted before!

To a Sorrowful Future of Snow and Ice / Yuichiro Onuki
Sekaiju no MeiQ² *syoou no seihai* sound track : Piano sketch version

While it is rather dark and atmospheric (which I assume fits the game it comes from), I would probably like it more if A. it were longer and b. I had actually played the game it's from.

Also, it is just me or does no-one else like the music from this game as much as I do? Oh well, Imma just contimue s***posting 'em anyway. Or soemthing.

...Though admitadly this is rather low on my list of favourite music from this game, but it's still decent.

7.5/10
It sounds quite nice... though I admit I'd have trouble imagining myself actually fighting to this song compared to some of the other themes that you've posted from this game! Basically, this is similar to what I first imagined a My Little Pony fighting game to sound like.

More Tetris for you guys here... or rather, Technotris:

And just for fun, here's a slowed down version from the PAL region versions, back when PAL = slow:

Last edited:
What I assume to be a triangle wave... Whatever that super low pitch sound was in the background for most of that song kinda got on my nerves because I'm wearing headphones. The rest of the song isn't too bad, though. 7/10.

Rhythm game music again. To be honest, I came up with the idea to send you guys this song based on one thing only - shuffling through my music library and seeing what game music came up that I liked and wanted to send to you guys. This was the result. I promise you guys I'll put more effort into the next one.

Cattleya -Extended Mix- / Sota Fujimori 2nd Season
SYNTHESIZED5

It may be a little repetitive, but it's still a rather good track, and it has that certian cheesyness about it which makes it a little bit better. 7/10

And now...

Go figure that you copied from a timestamp that started at the 16 second mark. I do like how this song escalates over time - I'd assume it to be a battle theme of some sort. 8.5/10

Widely to be considered one of the best games (and soundtracks) in the series, and notably one of the few to actually have a difficult final boss at the end of the game, Gradius Gaiden is a very interesting title for multiple reasons. Released before Gradius IV and initially Japan only until a later collection on the PSP released it internationally, this game featured cooperative multiplayer similar to that of Salamander II and the Parodius series and had four unique ships to choose from. The Vic Viper retains the classic options, as does the Lord British. The two new ships featured are the Falchion Beta and the Jade Knight, whose configurations were almost entirely new to the series. This is a song from its final stage.

SPEED (Stage 9 BGM 1) / Nories Miura
GRADIUS ULTIMATE COLLECTION from Gradius Gaiden

Back
Top Bottom