• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

Please tell me this theme doesn't only play on the title screen. 8/10
I got chuckled on. This theme? Freaking sweeeeeeet, man. I love the music style of the Bayonetta series! 9/10.

Let's slow down for a moment. What wonders could a stratum with this sort of music hold? Not even I know... But let's appreciate it all the same as we wander up the forest...

Labyrinth IV - Rainbow Dungeon / Yuzo Koshiro
Sekaiju no MeiQ 5 *nagaki shinwa no hate* Original Sound Track

Kinda reminds me of Dark Pit's Theme, actually. 8.5/10

Let's go for something different once again. I honestly don't know much about this series, since it's a Japan-only arcade game, but I hear it's a multiplayer mecha game where you take on missions and take down your foes. There's a bit of notable history of this series crossing over with the rhythm game franchises of BEMANI - several songs from the series, starting with Yellow Frog, have appeared as charts to play, including the one I'm about to show you. In addition, in the latest game in the series, VICTROOPERS, several artists that have made contributions to Sound Voltex have been working on themes for the game's bosses!

Below is the attract theme of Steel Chronicle Be XROSS ARMS, Intersect Platinum, composed by Ayumi Suzuki.

Intersect Platinum / ZUKI
Steel Chronicle The Original Soundtrack -LOST NIRVANA-

I prefer Moon River (Climax Mix), personally, but this is still fantastic. 9/10

I may be overstepping boundaries slightly by posting this song, but it still technically counts as a video game song as it originates from Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and is present in both versions of the game despite the musical change between versions. In any case, here's some Hironobu Kageyama for you, with the opening theme song to both the International and the Japanese versions of Dragon Ball Z: Sparking! METEOR.

Super Survivor / Hironobu Kageyama

It's something I've explained in other posts I've made recently involving this person, but in any case...
Hironobu Kageyama serves as the voice of the Gamer Driver, from Kamen Rider Ex-Aid, this year's new Kamen Rider. For everything from henshin quotes to weapon onomatopoeia (Ja-kiin!) and even certain quotes relating to the state of the game (Game start! Game Clear! etc.), expect no less than a hot-blooded nature in a gaming-themed Kamen Rider show!

8/10.

Welp, I'm gonna post 5 versions of the same music.

Rate whichever you wish.

6.5/10
It's a far cry from Jeremy Soule's stuff, but given that this is The Elder Scrolls 1 we're talking about here, it's pretty decent for what it is. That said, I didn't like it as much as I could have because the song's slight repetitiveness - combined with a short loop and somewhat bright-sounding instrumentation - honestly made it somewhat tiresome to listen to after a while.

7.5/10.
Reminds me of Super Mario 3D World in some ways... Interesting.

Now, semi-related to my last post, I present three versions of the same music.

As before, rate whichever you wish.

7/10. I didn't have much of a history with this series.
Welp, I'm gonna post 5 versions of the same music.
To be honest with you...
  1. Red/Blue is probably my favourite. The original, and IMO, the best.
  2. Gold/Silver... it's not quite up there but still really cool.
  3. FireRed/LeafGreen... I have a beef with GBA Pokemon music, but it's still not bad.
  4. HeartGold/SoulSilver is the one I've heard the most, but probably tied for third overall in my personal list.
  5. Black 2/White 2 is probably the second coolest of the lot.
In any case, my overall thought is that I don't actually have as much nostalgia for it as other people do, because I was more of a Johto player first - and even then it was in the remake.

To be honest, this selection - while game related - is mostly just me hitting Shuffle and seeing what comes up.

Brand New World -Extended Mix- / VENUS
ZEUS

7/10
It's not really my favorite style of music, but I enjoyed it anyway.

It also kind of reminded me of this track for some reason:

(I think that the pitch of that upload is slightly higher than how it is in the actual game, but I think that I actually like it better that way.)

Back
Top Bottom