• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

6/10. To be honest, I'm not sure how to feel about it.
7/10
It's not really my favorite style of music, but I enjoyed it anyway.
It's a very, very odd pairing. The vocals of DJ YOSHITAKA and the music of Sota Fujimori - that is VENUS! Complete with a lot of homoerotic undertones.
(I think that the pitch of that upload is slightly higher than how it is in the actual game, but I think that I actually like it better that way.)
It may be ears playing tricks on us, too, because this song is part of Brawl and Smash 4 in multiple forms in the Star Fox stages. The pitch in those versions is closer to how I guess you thought it was originally with this song.

And from one space fighter to another... Let's go with some Raiden V today! Composed by Yoshimi Kudo of Basicscape, this game is - in many ways - a sort-of new beginning, almost like what Raiden III was to the series after MOSS made their first instalment under the new company following Seibu Kaihatsu's passing, and the first outside of the original game that does not involve series mainstay Go Sato. Let's take a dive into the first stage's theme, Unknown Pollution.

Unknown Pollution / Yoshimi Kudo
Raiden V Original Soundtrack

8/10. Escalation!
One could argue that it may be a bit too musically excited for a Stage 1 theme, but it's fine... it just means that the rest of the soundtrack has to a lot to live up to.
It's probably because it's a case of book ends - sections of this theme are present in the final stage of the game as well. Opening, and subsequently closing, the book on the same note. With that in mind, I think it's worth noting that the composer is known for such works as Tekken 6, Do-Don-Pachi Dai-Fukkatsu and DoDonPachi SaiDaiOuJou, Crimson Shroud, Valkyria Chronicles 2, Lord of Vermilion, Ketsui and Caladrius - almost half of what I can see on this VGMdb page is, to my knowledge, a SHMUP. Safe to say that his SHMUP work is probably entirely like this.

Another one of my shuffle picks. I haven't listened to this artist in a while, so it was pretty pleasant to hear for me! I think I'll go look up more of his stuff now...

Vermilion / Remo-con
REFLEC BEAT colette Original Soundtrack Vol.2

Not bad. Not bad at all! 8.5/10.
I'm at a loss for words after hearing that...
It's because you don't listen to the kind of music I do on a regular basis! Welcome to the world of hard dance techno, buddy.

Speaking of weird... Let's get weird.

Taberuna 2000 (タベルナ2000) / LindaAI-CUE
Taiko no Tatsujin 8
Part of the song line of Taiko no Tatsujin known by most as the "2000 series" after the designation of 2000 after every song title, this song's title translates to "don't eat", and apparently is a corruption of the word "taverna" in Italian, which is a place where people can eat and drink like in a pub. How does it count as game music? Well, it's me abusing the fact that it's from a rhythm game again, heh. Trust me, though, this isn't the weirdest thing from this series of songs!

The song itself features a guy who's eating and drinking for three hours straight and, right at the end of the song, his heart gives up. Eat healthy but heartily, everyone!

Can't forget those SEGA Saturn classics. And the pinball table in Sonic Adventure. 9/10
It's the same thing over and over again for the most part. 4/10 for repetition.
Maaaan. I wanted a snarky (or more confused) response than anything, heh.

I think that's enough weird for now. Let's go with the Dreamcast Daytona USA!

Desert Grit-Mirror
LET'S GO AWAY THE VIDEO GAME DAYTONA USA ANNIVERSARY BOX

Back
Top Bottom