• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

One of the few songs in this game that doesn't sound like it came from a MIDI arrangement. 8/10.

Something quick today - an arcade selector theme. Normally, it doesn't last much longer than 30 seconds as you make your course, car and transmission selection, but due to certain options that may or may not be enabled, you can hear this song in its full, extended glory - though a clean version of it didn't exist until the anniversary box released in 2009, and even then, it's still pretty short at only double the length of the original.

SELECTOR PLUS / Fumio Ito, JASRAC
LET'S GO AWAY THE VIDEO GAME DAYTONA USA ANNIVERSARY BOX from Daytona USA 2

Oh, the theme of this guy. Can't say I had much attachment to the game, heh... 8/10.

So my question to you for the upcoming song is this: Do you like it, or do you not like it? At all?
Take it easy!

Like It Like This Like That / Hideki Naganuma
Jet Set Radio Future Original Sound Tracks

One of the most iconic battle themes from that game, and one of my favourites. Go, Pork Trooper! 8.5/10

.........And like that, I have no clue what to say except for the rating, which is like this: 4/10.
At least you were clever with the response.

I will be honest, I'm about as blind as you guys are to these themes - outside of the final stage and the final boss themes, I didn't listen to all of Mushihimesama Futari's soundtrack fully!

Sea of Frozen Crystals / Manabu Namiki, Kimihiro Abe
Mushihimesama Futari Original Soundtrack

Without context, it's repetitive for such a short song. 4/10

Let's go with something I don't normally post - Smash music! In this case, I'll be referring to pieces which are more obscure (as I know that several of the staples have and will continue to be done to death by the rest of you, which is why I refrain from posting most Pokemon music too). This arrangement comes to us courtesy of the talent of ZUNTATA's Shohei Tsuchiya, who contributed two songs to the game's soundtrack - this song being featured in both the 3DS and Wii U versions of the game as part of Smash Run and the Wii U stage of Duck Hunt, respectively.

The Mysterious Murasame Castle Medley / Shohei Tsuchiya (ZUNTATA)
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / for Wii U — Premium Sound Selection

8/10
It's definitely a very good song... interesting enough for casual listening and plenty energetic enough as the soundtrack to an epic battle. As for the game it covers, I think I may have actually heard of it before a long time ago, although I had absolutely no idea about its music until now.

As for wanting to post more obscure stuff, I think I kind of get where you may be coming from with that, because that's partially why I've been posting more remixes and anime arrangements of Pokémon music lately rather than going straight for the real thing. And speaking of which:

I'll rate this one a 7.5/10.
As for the game it covers, I think I may have actually heard of it before a long time ago, although I had absolutely no idea about its music until now.
That's probably because it was featured in Brawl in one song taken directly from the Famicom game in question - the first song covered in the medley I posted! Nazo no Murasamejo wasn't released internationally until just recently, where it was released for Virtual Console under the name you see in the medley (essentially a localised version of the title).
As for wanting to post more obscure stuff, I think I kind of get where you may be coming from with that, because that's partially why I've been posting more remixes and anime arrangements of Pokémon music lately rather than going straight for the real thing.
And that's one thing I avoid above all else - Smash remixes of Pokemon music, because that's doubling up on music that's probably already been done to death in this thread (or will be eventually by someone else).

So how about we go with the original version of a song that was in Smash? But a bit different all the same - this is the guitar version of a song that you might recognise from Gaur Plain! The reason for including this song where all other songs come from Xenoblade Chronicles may be attributed to the fact that the developers of this title were none other than Monolith Soft themselves, back when they were a Namco subsidiary, and it serves as a nice nod to the time they spent making games under their wing since Namco happened to be co-developing Smash 4 - though interestingly enough, the game was published by Nintendo in each of the regions it was present in, even though Namco were the ones who announced it back in 2005.

The valedictory elegy (Guitar Version) / Motoi Sakuraba
Baten Kaitos Origins

Back
Top Bottom