• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

Here's hoping the future references even more Chaotix music like Generations did! 8/10 because, unfortunately, it is a bit short and loops for that reason (though it's understandable since it's the title screen music).

To continue the Sonic train (since I've frankly had enough of the Pokemon train lol), let's go with this!

Special Stage / Masafumi Ogata
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG CD Original Soundtrack 20th Anniversary Edition

Speedy piano! Love it. 9/10

I have only these words to say for this next piece:

I'VE NOT SEEN SUCH BRAVERY
shout-outs to you who know why I said that

Metro-Cross Retro Medley
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
originally from Metro-Cross

This isn't really good fighting music, nor is it that good as listening music, though I will give it points because Brutalmoose, so... 4.5/10 I guess.

I did not expect rock music and a banjo to go together this well. Not that they're all that great together, but it's better then I expected.

The slap bass reminds me of N64-era music. Neat, but foreboding. 8/10
This isn't really good fighting music, nor is it that good as listening music, though I will give it points because Brutalmoose, so... 4.5/10 I guess.
Geez, is the idea of Smash's music having to be exciting and fitting for a fight really set in stone for some to not accept the sillier pieces of music? In any case, I guess it would have done good to point people towards the game itself... The only reason I labelled it with Smash is because that's where that particular mix comes from. It's not the first medley of its kind in Smash Bros, heh. I bet you I could post the Mega Man 2 Retro Medley and it would have a far different reaction to the other one I posted by proxy of being familiar to far more people than everything else I'm posting.
Sometimes I think I'm the only person in the world who has an appreciation for music composed on old FM synth...

Well... Whatever. That's your opinion and way of judgement and you're entitled to it. I guess I'm just a bit upset at Smash songs that I post being judged in that fashion. Moving on to the next!
This song comes to us courtesy of Hideki Ishigaki and Hideki Onoue, and together as the unit HIDE+HIDE, they give us a traditional Japanese instrumentation over the music of an obscure RPG series known internationally as Glory of Heracles. This song plays on the Coliseum stage. (You might recognise this musical style from one other piece of music in Smash - their take on Dedede's theme!)

Glory of Heracles / HIDE+HIDE
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

6.25/10 It's... interesting, I'll give it that.

Now for something completely different!

Because I didn't until just now, and despite only playing the demo, I rather enjoyed it.

I remember the game exists, at least. Also, a metal Fire Emblem medley, am I correct in assuming? 8/10.

I was gonna post the Mario Paint Medley from Smash in this post (as I realised that there's not a lot of new remixes from Smash 4 that are either truly obscure or didn't debut in a previous game), but then I thought, "Why not just post Mario Paint music?" So screw it, why not?

Coursebot
Super Mario Maker

8/10
The beginning and ending parts remind me vaguely of Kingdom Hearts... Hollow Bastion in particular. The rest of the song sounds surprisingly laid-back and relaxing for a theme to a game called "The Diabolical Box"... not that there's anything wrong with that.

And now for something completely different from that:

(It's a shame that the grunts themselves aren't nearly as awesome as their theme song, but that how it usually goes with villainous teams...)

Reminds me of a certian parody and the fact that I need to get into the Ace Attorney series in the near future... Though as for the track itself, I like it. 7/10. That is all.

I feel like posting some more Ace Attorney music now...

This may or may not be my favourite track from the aforementioned parody by the way.

Back
Top Bottom