• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

A bit short, but what can you do? It's an NES game, and it's got a nice sound to it! 8/10.
Something about it feels oddly familiar too.
This became super odd for me to read when I went back to check my post on She is my wife... You had an eerily similar response to the post below that one:
...also the dance looks really familiar for some reason.
Perhaps it's the fact that part of the song in question plays at the beginning of the video, but I think it's more or less solely because of the fact that I've posted one of the SUPER STAR MITSURU songs in the past, and those generally have the same sort of feel.

With that all in mind, here is the song I will be presenting to you this time! Weirdly for a credits theme, it’s a fully playable song that was even given a BLACK ANOTHER chart in the console version of the game. Fittingly enough, the accompanying video is a modified version of the staff roll sequence from that same game, which is even present beyond its debut title! This may be partly due to the fact that it highlights its artist’s name as it scrolls by in the credits sequence with an audible “whoosh”.

THANK YOU FOR PLAYING / SUPER STAR 満 -MITSURU-
Beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK

And yes, before you ask, this song was used as the basis for a high quality rip.

A playable credits sequence!? That's certainly novel... and the video makes it look pretty insane to play. As for the song itself, it definitely has a "final song" feel to it and sounds quite nice overall... 8/10.

I suppose I'll bounce off of that with another credits song:

Didn't we already have this music not even 5 pages ago? Lol. In any case. 8.5/10.

Let's go with something I don't go with often - first-party Nintendo titles! Something that I made sure to do differently to everyone else was actually try finding the soundtrack version of this song, which has a smooth transition between all four versions of the song.

Lookin' Fresh / DJ Lee F. (DJ Lee Fish) (Composer: Shihio Fujii)
Splatoon ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK -Splatune-

9/10. It sounds more like an instrumental version of a mecha anime opening than a boss battle. But hey, nothing wrong with that.

Speaking of. Choose your destiny, any to all three choices from the game I'm playing based off my impressions of them.

Imma just be lazy and rate the third one.

The parts without the vocals are... cool but not anything special. The vocal bits make the track much cooler, and I honestly think it could be better if there were more of said bits. 6.5/10

For those of you who haven't played this game, A. WHY HAVEN'T YOU DONE THAT YET WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?! and B. this is the battle music that plays whenever you fight the Mechon, a group of robts that serve as half of the game's regular enemies. And if you know me, then you know I'm a sucker for great regular battle music.

Back
Top Bottom