• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

Ah, the sound of 90's JRPGs. Constant jingle bells definitely tell me this played in some sort of wintery town... 8.6/10

A break from what I've been posting recently, but still keeping in line with a theme and variations. Here is roppongi EVOLVED, part of a series of songs from DanceDanceRevolution which serve as difficult stages with the unique trait of randomly loading up one of multiple versions during their debut titles. As the debut of a new alias for its composer, this song first appeared in DanceDanceRevolution HOTTEST PARTY 3, but later in DDR X2 as the regular ENCORE EXTRA STAGE for that game, and when you got access to it by clearing KIMONO♥PRINCESS with a rank of AA or higher, the next stage would load up one of four versions of this song at random - each with its own chart and BPM changes. The first three versions, ver.A, ver.B and ver.C, appeared in DDR Hottest Party 3, but this version that I'm about to show you is the most unique of all of them - ver.D was only introduced in X2, its charts contain the most BPM changes out of all four versions, and it's also the only one of the four charts to have a unique background video all to itself (which, interstingly enough, reuses four different background movies from DDRMAX-DDREXTREME).

roppongi EVOLVED / TAG underground
DanceDanceRevolution X2 Original Soundtrack

Last edited:
4/10, only because the upload you chose has such bad quality that I can't appreciate the song for what it really is.
Did I mention I'm a huge fan of 80s Sega music?
I'm more of a 90's, Saturn-era SEGA music fan - mainly because Richard Jacques is one of my favourite composers. However, I can't resist the glory of Yamaha FM synth.

Another shuffle pick today! We have a song which, I will admit, sounded a lot like the Sonic Mega Collection Plus menu theme to me in its beginning. One of my favourite stage themes from Bayonetta 2, here is ST08 Ruins Of Lost Memory, theme of the stages linking you between the Remembrances of Time to forge a path to opening the Gates to Inferno.

ST08 Ruins Of Lost Memory / Satoshi Igarashi
BAYONETTA 2 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK

I like how old-school the instrumentation is, as well as its ever-so-slight unsettling factor. 8/10

A while back I posted another song from the co-op multiplayer mecha arcade series Steel Chronicle, called Intersect Platinum. Today we're exploring a song that came from the original Steel Chronicle, which was added to the 20th instalment of beatmania IIDX as a crossover promotion between it and its game of origin - several IIDX characters were unlockable to play as pilots for your mecha if you participated in it, and they're shown in this song's BGA when you play it.

YELLOW FROG from Steel Chronicle / 劇団レコード (Tomoaki Hirono)
beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK Vol.1

7/10
this time I'm going to take you back to the past to play these shitty games that suck ass.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj0dRh1aVAU

from the final level of the nerd's indie game, he based it off of LJN, who publishes around 75% of the games the nerd has reviewed over the years.
it got remixed in the sequel's final level (this time themed off of nintendo's infamous virtual boy console, the first attempt at the 3DS AND the switch)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOGvIadhPyU

Well, it's rare that the full music video for a game's theme song would actually include elements of the franchise it comes from, so that's okay. 9/10 because it's awesome and serves as a theme music power up!

Debuting in IIDX 22 PENDUAL, we have a song from a new alias of Daisuke Akitsu, and so far the only one of his BEMANI compositions not to be credited under his normal alias of Dirty Androids! The song itself debuted in the Qpronicle Chord event in Phase 1, and its overlays feature a corrupted version of a character from the overlays of 8bit Princess (hence the alias of the artist used in this particular song).

Feel the future bass!

Cosmic Cat (Extended Mix) / 8bit Moonside
beatmania IIDX 22 PENDUAL ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK VOL. 2

7/10. Calm and serene, though not really anything I haven't heard in other games before.
Didn't really like the singer, either.
Was there any vocals? That's honestly the only part I don't get about your criticism because it made it sound like you were referring to them in the context of singing some sort of lyric. If there were any then I assume it was only vocal samples for the purpose of instrumentation, because that's how this artist's works tend to go... Sometimes I just don't understand when people think vocals should be used exclusively to actually sing lyrics.

But whatever. If that's the way we're going, then let's turn it all the way up, shall we?!

CONCEPTUAL -Extended Mix- / Sota Fujimori 2nd Season
beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK Vol.1

Back
Top Bottom