• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

You could probably put it in a movie and I wouldn't notice. 8/10
Not sure if it's music, or aliens trying to communicate with us.
Considering the song in question is actually a sampler fest which includes a song known as ANDROMEDA, perhaps you're right, lol.

Let's do something I haven't done in a long time: Wangan music!

Wanna Try One Last Time / Yuzo Koshiro
WANGAN MIDNIGHT MAXIMUM TUNE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK

Rockin' with attitude. 9/10, though I wonder if there's a lyrical version somewhere...

Today, let's go with a song from one of my favourite BEMANI crossover events! The Private BEMANI Academy event was one of the first huge crossover events in BEMANI game history that would involve the entire lineup of BEMANI rhythm games out at the time, instead of just a selection of them, and the entire gimmick of the event was to build up friendship between various artists. Depending on the game you played, that rate would increase by a certain amount. There's a whole lot more I'm not getting into here, but for now, let's look at one particular crossover! By playing DanceDanceRevolution (the 2013 iteration), you would be on track fastest to build up friendship values between these two artists to play this song, a crossover between one of BEMANI's oldest in-house artists (and one traditionally associated with DDR himself) and the then-current sound director of that very same series.

Synergy For Angels / TAG×U1-ASAMi
私立BEMANI学園 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK

8.5/10 Melancholy with a touch of bluesiness. The part where the bass takes the lead makes the song for me.

Here's one from Hiroyuki Iwatsuki who is IMO one of the most underappreciated vgm composers:

It's bouncy, but simple. Perhaps just as a good mobile version of an iconic sound should be. 9/10

The video game world could always use more music like this... And I seriously wish it did. The late 90's produced awesome techno and club music with the kind of bass drop that you really don't see much of these days.

Chun-Li Stage -CHINA VOX- / Hideki Okugawa
STREET FIGHTER III 3rd STRIKE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK

I posted these a while back, but just like back then, my opinion will always remain the same - I prefer ~KAGEJIKAN~ (the P3 Side music) over ~MAYONAKA~ (the P4 Side music). 8/10 for P4 Side, 10/10 for P3 Side.

Let's go with... Yeah, how about this?

Forbidden Forest (9th Labyrinth - Equinox Garden) / Yuzo Koshiro
Sekaiju to Fushigi no Dungeon Original Sound Track (Etrian Mystery Dungeon Original Sound Track)

Last edited:
qbvgzBN.gif

Back
Top Bottom