• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

9/10. Isn't this an actual song, just adapted for this game?
I was too slow to reply! aaaaaa
Also to this new entry above, AAAAA THAT PIANO AND THE SEGUE TO THAT ONE THEME I CAN NEVER IDENTIFY 9/10

The years and the games following the new series director coming in on Kirby Super Star Ultra would see many a trope be codified in the games he worked on, harking back to the Kirby Super Star style of gameplay. In particular, games made under his wing are pioneers of multiple versions of The Arena, available only to those who can clear extra modes to get the chance to fight new foes as you race to achieve the best possible time - with The True Arena being the emissary of a game's true final boss. Among other things, some of which were recursively added to the series as a result of the evolution of Super Smash Bros., they've kept this the same between the majority of them - healing items in a waiting room between each boss, the final boss - and multiple bosses in The True Arena - being the only non-randomised parts of the boss order depending on the game, and the music changes in the waiting room as you progress towards the end, becoming much more sinister in The True Arena compared to its easier counterparts.

Weirdly, though, there's one particular trend which may escape some people at first - starting with Helper to Hero, some of the series' Arenas come with a remix of the Ripple Star map select music - a song that itself did not actually appear in the original soundtrack to Kirby 64 close to 17 years ago. There are versions of this song appearing in the above mentioned game, Kirby Triple Deluxe's Arena and The True Arena (this particular version being one where I tear up whenever listening to it - it's just that beautiful). Then, there's this version - for the first time in around 16 years, there came a version of Ripple Star's select theme which was not a tranquil-sounding piece, but instead was a triumphant reprise of victory - fitting with where it plays at the end of Planet Robobot's The True Arena.

The Victory of Eaten Breakfast / Jun Ishikawa
Hoshi no Kirby Robobo Planet Original Soundtrack

i mean its anime music but ill let it slide because it's a a remastered video game track ...It's pretty good, 7.5/10.

I mean I could go cheesier and post an 8 bit track, but this is still some pretty good edam.

Great song. I especially like how it's a reprise of the main title screen theme. That said, screw the final boss. Instant kill with no way to protect against it except the Dragon Ring my ass. 9/10, minus half a point because of that stigma.

Speaking of dragons.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y57FTwgmuOA

That intro riff threw me off when the rest of the song kicked in, and it was amazing. 9/10 because the instruments really speak out to me - good old rock with synth, kinda like you'd hear on a Japanese entertainment production, and a pretty brief but amazing violin towards the end of the song loop. Upon researching the song itself, I am to understand that it's an arranged, instrumental and looped version of one of the OP songs to the series it comes from - and I like that, as well! I also like that there's the full version up on YouTube on her official channel, haha.

Wangan music again today, but something I haven't really posted much of from this series - lyrical songs! There's always at least one of them present in every Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune entry, and most of them are associated with a specific character - Reina Akikawa - at least in the earlier entries. You could tell this was the case if it was sung by Paula Terry!

Feel the Moment / Yuzo Koshiro (Vocals by Paula Terry)
Wangan Midnight MAXIMUM TUNE 3 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACKS

Most of PMD:GTI's music, from what I can remember, was either kinda good or just meh, and this one seems to fall into the kinda good category. 6.5/10

Now, I have two tracks for you, both of which are pretty much the same, it's just that one is a tad older then the other.

Back
Top Bottom