• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

This version is sadly missing the opening vocals like the soundtrack version does, but it's still awesome. 9/10

This next theme is simply amazing. In a similar style to the equally as popular Conquest and Conquest (Ablaze) from Fire Emblem Awakening, this is a regular skirmish theme that may as well be a lategame theme!

Road Taken / Takeru Kanazaki
Fire Emblem if ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK

Road Taken (Roar) / Takeru Kanazaki
Fire Emblem if ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK

As for the first one: I remember this song from way back in this thread. It's a really beautiful and emotional song that wouldn't feel out of place in some epic movie... the piano and guitar elements in particular do it for me. It hasn't lost any of its beauty over time... 9/10.
And as for the stand-up-and-fight version of the song: it's amazing how easily this song converts into such a rousing and sweepingly epic track like this one. And comparing the two versions directly side-by-side like this, I think that I actually like this version slightly better now... it really takes the song to the next level (and completely lives up to its subtitle of "roar"). But really, both versions are great in their own way. 9.5/10.

Here's a song that kind of explores a similar musical territory to the first version of the song above, except perhaps sounding closer to a lullaby than anything else:

Sounds honestly like it came from the DS era - not that that's necessarily a bad thing. It's cute and it reminds me of Hoenn music a bit. 8/10.
...Huh, usually I don't really give much of a bleep about option menu music, but I actually like this one. Whaddayaknow. 7/10
It's kinda weird for me, as a player of Sonic Mega Collection Plus - this theme accompanies the main menu and game selection menu there, and a couple of other places like the gallery, so it works in a different context. I believe the original Sonic Mega Collection used a different main menu music...

Now, here's a true oddity. This game's music, save for a couple of tracks, are just jingles that fade out over time. And this piece right here? You're never going to hear more than 30 seconds of it max if you were to go to an arcade with this machine! Of course, with that being said, there's really not that much to the song itself. It's a simple melody that repeats with different instruments over time, reflecting the instrumentation of the time.

Course Select / Takenobu Mitsuyoshi (At least, that's who I believe did the soundtrack...)
Virtua Racing

The classic. Though I don't get up to listen to it every day, it's very much recognisable to me and is honestly one of my favourite dungeon music from that game. 9/10

My last post got me thinking about SEGA arcade racing and its music... And this title came up in my thoughts. A rather obscure title among other classic driving games developed by AM Annex for the arcade, Sega TouringCar Championship never found as much popularity as Sega Rally did, but it did gain a Windows PC port as well as one on the Sega Saturn, one version of which apparently included a soundtrack. This game's music is filled with techno, dance and a bit of Eurobeat to contrast the more rock-oriented soundtrack of Sega Rally before it. For this song that I'm showing you today, it's a vocal track which typically accompanies the attract demo and really, really wants you to break it down.

Edit 2: Well, it seems that this song and a couple of others have a bit of history to it - they're actual licensed songs from existing artists. For reference, there's at least two longer length versions of this song alone out there! Edit 3: It seems that the three songs in question come from avex trax of all places - that explains the Eurobeat! That would explain a lot, actually!

So High / Channel X
Sega TouringCar Championship

Edit: I'll put the lyrics here in a spoiler (they were taken from this video):
(Come on girl!)

Open up your eyes and realise
That what we have is meant to be
We shared our dreams, our fantasies
And lost touch with reality
It's better than ever
Instant poetry
It's better than ever
This one's meant to be!

(FREE!)

I'm feeling high, so high!
Like the sun up in the sky
I've never felt like this before, so high!
So high, when I look into your eyes

(Come on!)

(Come on girl!)

Guide me to the light
And hold me tight
Let's travel through the galaxy
A different time, a different space
We fly on liquid energy
It's better than ever
A trip for you and me
It's better than ever
This one's meant to be!

(FREE!)

I'm feeling high, so high!
Like the sun up in the sky
So high, when I look into your eyes

Last edited:
I forget the context that tune plays in, but judging by the title it's probably a spoiler for those who haven't beaten the game (and I did). 4/5 for the somber mood though.

7/10 It doesn't suit my tastes too well but I do like the kingdomy charm to it. It sounds almost as if there is a battle going on, well at least to me.
I think it's the world map theme.

On which note, I think this is the airship theme:

Very DS-era, I say. 8/10

Now, here's a game that a bunch of people have probably purged out of their minds up until this post. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is the final result of what was originally known as Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, and as I see it, the way they realise this concept is more through gameplay and stylistic elements rather than a full-blown crisis crossover. The game features Mirages, the game's equivalent to the Demons of SMT and Persona of... Persona, of which the major enemies and allies are all modelled after a character from the Fire Emblem universe, most coming from the Archanea and Ylissean titles.

The vocal soundtrack was handled by avex trax - seems like I've been talking about their involvement in video games a lot recently. Below is what is practically the game's theme song, Reincarnation, as sung by Kiria - one of the game's main playable characters.

Reincarnation / Kiria (CV: Yoshino Nanjo) (Composed by Kazuaki Yamashita)
Genei Ibunroku #FE Vocal Collection (Also in TOKYO MIRAGE SESSIONS #FE SPECIAL VOCAL SELECTION)

A few facts about Kiria's CV, Yoshino Nanjo:
  • She's the current lead singer for the band fripSide, who you may know for the song only my railgun
  • She also provides the CV for Eli Ayase of Love Live!
Thus, the above role of Kiria is one that is very much familiar to her, as an idol (and ice queen, somewhat literal in this case since she starts off with the Bufu spell when she's recruited into the party).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom