• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

WutFace/10 (that's an 8)

The reason I think it sounds wrong is because Gladion should have a darker theme.
Well, considering how he turns out, it's kinda more Rival-ish than it is outright antagonistic - and certainly not on the level of Aether Foundation. For that reason, I think Gladion's theme is fine the way it is. The song itself is pretty catchy for my money, haha.

Let's go with some FM synthesis! Perhaps a song made in a time when people like Yuzo Koshiro weren't tearing it up and pushing the soundchips to their absolute limits as much as they do nowadays, I bring you a song from a game based on a manga. Or something to the effect of a three-way effort between its creators which resulted in this game, one on the NES, and said manga. (Edit: Yes, I am being serious with that. Go look up the history of Strider as a series if you don't believe me!)

For the music itself: This is Stage 1 of Strider! Primarily the point of judgement was intended to be the first portion of music from 0:02 to 1:56, which is also known by the name Raid thanks to the 2014 Strider game, but as I always strive to find stuff from their original albums, sometimes it gets mixed up with other songs in the same track instead of being completely separate, haha.

STAGE 1 / Alfh Lyra wa Lyra (GON, Chanchacorin)
Strider Hiryu -G.S.M. CAPCOM 2-

Last edited:
9/10 Sounds like I'd expect from Capcom, amazing.
However, this piece wasn't by Capcom, but rather the famed BGM remix site OverClocked ReMix, and was hired by Capcom for Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, (and quite possibly Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers for the Nintendo Switch as well)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8erzQbYQOU

I liked the video - which is adorable, if somewhat startlingly silly at first - more than I liked the music - which is OK, but also a bit too sugary sweet for my tastes. They both probably work better in context, though, given what all of the characters had to go through earlier in the game. 8/10 for the video and 6.5/10 for the song itself.

5/10 Very short and not to memorable

Here's another WoFF song because I don't want to post Yakuza 0 end boss themes until I've beat them.

3/5, there's a cat trying to sleep on my arm which makes it tricky ot type properly.

I want to suggest something Final Fantasy related, but I'm drawing a blank as for what. Got any ideas?

8/10. It's no Adrian von Ziegler, but it's still pretty nice.

Anyways, time for something that not many people know about.

Back
Top Bottom