• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

It's short, but pretty relaxing. I'll give it a solid 8/10.

I just started playing this game recently, after deciding whether or not it'd be this or FE13.
Dude, that opening is awesome. It also helps that I've grown fond of the music of the composer behind this song! So today, let me show you the opening song to 7th Dragon III code:VFD!

ChRøNiClESeVeN / sasakure.UK feat. Annabel
7TH DRAGON III code:VFD Original Soundtrack & Songs

「セブンスドラゴンIII code:VFD」オリジナル・サウンドトラック&ソングス

That time signature alone is what makes me intrigued with this music. 8/10.

Following on from my last post - and that of a couple of others in the past who have also posted music from this game. 7th Dragon is a dungeon crawler series whose first instalment was, strangely enough, directed by Kazuya Niinou, the same person responsible for the creation of the Trauma Center and Etrian Odyssey series. That latter one is notable as this franchise takes a number of cues from it - Certain shared gameplay concepts include character and class creation (with the ability to even mix up the default avatars of each class with another, so you could have maids wielding katana for example), strong monsters prowling each map (though the Dragons in this case are able to be defeated with a bit of effort on your first encounter unlike the FOEs in which you basically need to run the hell away until about 5 levels later), and a tri-elemental system of Fire, Ice and Lightning.

Perhaps one of the more odd things it shares in common is actually the fact that it has Yuzo Koshiro as the series' main composer, to the point where the structure of the soundtracks follow a very similar naming scheme to that of the Sekaiju no MeiQ soundtracks, and the original game had a Super Arrange and rough sketch preorder bonus soundtrack of its own! This series was originally developed by the now-defunct company Imageepoch, known for having a library of titles which have varied wildly on the rating scale, while the third game in the series was developed by SEGA, who were also the publishers of the series, with Deep Silver bringing the game to international audiences for the first time with this third instalment.

Interwoven Work / Yuzo Koshiro
つむがれていく営み / 古代 祐三

I like how traditionally rooted this particular piece of music is! 9/10.
It's dark and driving, for sure, but not my style.
Considering the above theme exists only because this image and its associated meme does... Perhaps it is a bit odd.

[---]

Welcome to Atlantica, capital city of Atlantis! Home to the Lucier, this proud kingdom seems to be intent on dooming itself and its entire peoples in an attempt to save the world... With the threat of the 3rd True Dragon, Nyala, what will you do? Will you continue on your objective, or will you attempt to save them?

Time can only tell so much, but if the player characters' dialogue choices are any indication, we have a severe case of Chronic Hero Syndrome...

Atlantica - Jade Afterglow / Yuzo Koshiro
アトランティカ─翡翠残照 / 古代 祐三

Back
Top Bottom