• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

Wonder what the original GBA version was like... 8.5/10.

Fast forward a little over 5000 years into the future... Your actions in Atlantis have led you to Eden, a world that looks more at home in a fantasy setting - and without much of a remnant of the technology of the era that we currently live in. It seems that not all is as it seems, however, because the party's actions have led to a situation where the future has been altered in such a way that the ruins of Ladyin lay smack bang in the middle of the city of Kazan - with the 6th True Dragon, Haze, waiting at the top.

Now, here's a bit of a history lesson in terms of the games themselves: Eden is, in fact, the setting of the original 7th Dragon on Nintendo DS, despite its fantasy setting contrasting with the usual setting for all the other games in the series (being Tokyo in the year 2020, 2021 and 2100, respectively, the last of which, while not post-apocalyptic, is still recovering from the two Dragon Calamities of the PSP games). Judging by a few spoilers, I have a feeling that this fact will come back to us later...

With all this in mind, as far as I can tell none of the music used in this section of the game are remixes from the original 7th Dragon, and fit more in line with the general music direction of code:VFD itself.
The only reason I didn't post the Atlantis battle theme is because it's already been posted - don't remember when, but I just remember! (Admittedly, this is the reason I label every single song I post with the original song title, as well as the original album where it came from - it lets me keep track of any of the songs I've posted in the past so I almost never repeat myself in this thread unless it's fully intentional.)

Battlefield - Eden / Yuzo Koshiro
戦場─エデン / 古代 祐三
7TH DRAGON III code:VFD Original Soundtrack & Songs
「セブンスドラゴンIII code:VFD」オリジナル・サウンドトラック&ソングス

Literally the only place in Ocarina of Time 3D where you can hear a version of the Main Theme of the original Legend of Zelda. 9/10.

Let's travel back... or forward... in time! As part of an official collaboration with SEGA, themselves being the owners of the licence to Hatsune Miku's video games (Project DIVA and Project Mirai), Hatsune Miku was brought to the world of 7TH DRAGON 2020, with an opening song by Vocaloid artist sasakure.UK and a design drawn by Shirow Miwa, the main artist of the 7TH DRAGON series from this game up to III code:VFD. Set in a post-apocalyptic Tokyo in the near future (which, as of the date of this post, is only 3 years away - prepare for the Dragon Calamity, folks), the group of Murakumo is set to combat the Dragon menace. In a time of strife and turmoil, the Vocaloid serves as the singing voice of hope in a ruined city...

SeventH-HeaveN / sasakure.UK feat. 初音ミク
Genjitsu Aesop
幻実アイソーポス

SeventH-HeaveN / sasakure.UK feat. Hatsune Miku
7TH DRAGON 2020 LIMITED SOUND TRACK

Secret trivia for those who clicked this spoiler: If you remember my post on ChRøNiClESeVeN from the previous page, you might actually recognise the opening lyrics to this song. Aside from the fact that ChRøNiClESeVeN features the same composer, the game it originates from also serves to tie all the games in the franchise together - and as such, this song features callbacks to the previous opening themes he did for both 2020 (the above SeventH-HeaveN) and 7TH DRAGON 2020-II (HeavenZ-ÅrmZ, which I will probably post next - and also featuring Hatsune Miku). Since the original game was for Nintendo DS (and its setting was much different to the other three titles in the series), it doesn't really have an opening to speak of.

Last edited:
7.5/10
I always like songs that incorporate chiptune-like sounds in them, especially when they sound like they could come from an actual 8-bit sound chip like they do here. The song itself is pretty nice, too, with a nice blending of traditional musical elements with more electric-like sounds.

Now for some music from a series that hasn't been around this thread for a little while:

I'm always a fan of OutRun music, though I have to admit, I don't like the Prototype version songs as much as I do the original/instrumental of the same song. 7/10.

The above opinion is actually why Risky Ride is one of my least favourite songs from OutRun 2's original Arcade soundtrack - it's one of the few songs that was made in the old "prototype" style and put into the final release of the game, and it was given a Guitar Mix in the Xbox release of OutRun 2 which lined it up more with the final instrumental versions of songs like Night Flight.

Time for something I haven't done in a while - synthesis! This song originally served as a hidden song in the Replicant D-action event of DDR X2, representing the colour orange. Unlocking this song required you to Full Combo 15 different stepcharts (though they can be the same songs), and then get a rank of AA or higher in the songs Sakura Sunrise and Shiny World on the same difficulty. This is Sota Fujimori's New Decade!

New_Decade_jubeat.png

New Decade -Extended Mix- / Sota F.
SYNTHESIZED3

かっこいい~~

9/10 - A menacingly epic music that proves that you don't have to rely on the Imperial March theme. I don't know whether John Williams composed this, but it sure feels like it.

I'm actually going to cheat a bit, by using a concert medley version for one of the Zelda games. Here goes.

I don't know whether John Williams composed this, but it sure feels like it.
Mark Griskey is the name of the game's composer. But he sure did do a swell job at capturing John Williams' music style for the Star Wars license.

As for the above theme, I'll rate it a 9/10. That was a powerful orchestral medley.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom