• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

I admit, it kinda sounded a bit Runescape at the beginning. Sounds very much like it was composed in the 90's, showing their vision of the tales of old. 8/10.
This song is fucking godlike. I'm so glad it was included in Super Smash Bros., and I know one of my friends is much more excited about it than I am (since he's actually beaten the game in question). 9.5/10.

Now, I'm sure that a lot of us are familiar with Bravely Default and its sublime soundtrack, courtesy of Revo (the guy behind Sound Horizon and, under Linked Horizon, responsible for the openings to Attack on Titan, Guren no Yamiya and Shingeki no Kiseki). As part of the Linked Horizon project, Revo composed the music for Bravely Default, and they would also later make an arrangement album featuring song extensions, arrangements different to the original songs, and vocalized versions of several songs (including the image songs of the four main characters).

As one of the few songs that could legit make me tear up upon hearing it, especially having experienced the game (mostly) blind, I admit - I struggled a bit to write this blurb with my thoughts on the song because, as I usually do with these songs, I listen to it all the way through while writing on it. I just kept shivering - to the point where I got ninja'd extremely easily with the song above me. Those of you who have played the game to hear this song in-game surely know what I'm talking about, considering how many moments it accompanies. So perhaps instead of explaining that indescribable shaking feeling, I'll just leave you to listen to the song below. This is World of Scattering Flowers, Vocalized Version.

World of Scattering Flowers [Vocalized Version] / Linked Horizon
花が散る世界 [Vocalized Version]
Luxendarc Daikikou
ルクセンダルク大紀行 (Roughly translates to "Luxendarc Great Journey")

Old school synthesized instruments at their finest. There's something about the instrumentation which you really can't capture these days... 9/10.

From one Yuzo Koshiro dungeon crawler battle theme to another! For a theme that comes up so early on in the story, you wouldn't think that this was actually the most prominent normal battle theme - but surprisingly enough, despite only appearing initially at 7th Encount, it slowly gains this status as more areas open up in Tokyo than it does in any other location you travel to! This is Battlefield - UE77!
  • The aforementioned 7th Encount, a revolutionary virtual reality game which recalls the events of the Dragon Calamity of 2021 with scary accuracy, its true purpose being to filter out players for selection in order to join the ranks of Nodens in order to initiate Operation Code: VFD
  • The Tokyo Underground, abandoned for many years at this point with several crashed trains, a bunch of cats and, suspiciously, many Sega Sammy company logos lining the stations
  • Vermilion Tower, an area featured in the 2020 games and modelled after Tokyo Tower... with a rather frightening top level somehow suspended in space with the tower itself twisting and turning in a double helix structure
  • Parliament Building, the old headquarters of Murakumo Unit 13, heavily infested with Dragons ever since the base was destroyed and the remnants of Murakumo were later absorbed into the ISDF
  • The area leading to the final boss, Grateful Seventh, where all the world's entropy came together to essentially Big Bang itself into a mash of DNA structures in an attempt to prevent your team from becoming VFD itself - and allowing you a chance to sever your fate by defeating it
  • The Shadow Realm, a world parallel to the one you created... What awaits you in the world where no life exists?

Battlefield - UE77 / Yuzo Koshiro
戦場─UE77 / 古代 祐三
7TH DRAGON III code:VFD Original Soundtrack & Songs
「セブンスドラゴンIII code:VFD」オリジナル・サウンドトラック&ソングス

8.5/10
I like the more intimate and natural soundscape that this re-arrangement has, even if it makes the song sound quite different from the more ethereal and MIDI-sounding original.

I think I'll cheat a little bit too with an orchestral arrangement of one of my favorite Final Fantasy songs:

And here's the original 8-bit version as reference:

9/10
although I prefer the DS version of this song
he's gonna take you back to the past... to play these shitty games that suck ass
yep, it's the angry video game nerd.
whereas the previous song I posted was from his first game, and was LJN themed, the same song got remixed in the sequel.
this time themed off nintendo's infamous virtual boy "handheld"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOGvIadhPyU

Well, this is certianly an... interesting track. I take it that this is a battle theme? Because it certianly sounds like one, particularly when the vocals kick in. But hey, I'm all for interesting combinations of music genres that shouldn't work well together, and those vocals do go surprisingly well with main techno-sounding bit of the track. 8.5/10. I mean maybe I'd like it a bit more if I'd played the game it's from but whatever.

Unfortunately, I don't have any strange genere combinations for you lot right now, but I do have a dang beautiful piece of music here.

The whole soundtrack is simply sublime. I'm sad that I never actually got to play this back in the day! 9/10.

I'm not sure if many of you have played this game. I certainly haven't! But interestingly enough, they took this theme instead of a theme from one of the games starring Joe Musashi to be used as his All-Star theme in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed! Perhaps it's because there is already representation from Shinobi III in that front on the Seasonal Shrines course...

Shinobi / Yutaka Minobe
忍 / 蓑部 雄崇
Shinobi Original Soundtrack

...I don't really have any interesting comment on this one, but I kinda like it and kinda don't at the same time, but the liking for it is slightly stronger then the dislike towards it so 6/10.

And now... Time for something that one might consider it 'so bad, it's good', as they say.

oh boy, a tpp meme, touya and I have heard this plenty...

7/10 either way

fire emblem echoes is out, so I could post that, but instead I'm going for some donkey kong

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgzgzGDcroo

probably my favorite remix of lockjaw's saga from DKC2

A slower take on the usual theme? Also rather dramatic! 9/10, love the instrumentation!

Who's heard of the Highly Visible Ninja? Here's one of your prime examples: Joe Musashi, in every game after his appearance in the original Shinobi in the arcade, has worn a rather distinctive high-contrast getup of white and red. An iconic and unforgettable look... even if the motto is for the shinobi to remain in the shadows.

Personally, Shinobi III's soundtrack is my favourite of the series, with amazing FM synthesis highlighting both uptempo and downtempo songs, and perhaps one of the greatest manipulations of sound to capture traditional Japanese instrumentation in certain songs. With all that in mind, I present to you the game's opening theme!

SHINOBI (Opening)
Legend of Joe Musashi: SHINOBI Music Collection
Originally from Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master/The Super Shinobi II

Back
Top Bottom