• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

Animu/Gril Well, the begining bit is... alright I guess, but once you get past that, I'd say it kicks a decent amount of ass... But towards the end it really steps it up with the amount of ass-kicking, or something. Oh, and it's anime as f***, that too. 7/10

Though watching the thing does get me curious about the series it's from... but I hear most of 'em are on Playstation and the most recent one of those I have is a PS2 so yeah...

Anyway, from one game with an anime asthetic and giant tree to another, with a diffirent take on one of the tracks I post here every now and then...

Interesting how a theme that was once an incredible boss theme can be remade into some pretty friggin' good background music, is it not?

Last edited:
8.5/10 I can really hear Yoko Shimomura's style. This is definitely going to get stuck in my head soon. xD

Composer: Kristofer Maddigan
I don't have this game yet, but I'm already in love with the music. :)

Last edited:
A bit slow, but I think that's okay. 7/10

Now here's something I didn't think I'd see: The arcade game Bosconian having music! For reference, the original game didn't have it at all - just the sounds of "ALERT, ALERT!" and firing your ship's guns, among other things. However, thanks to zoasty and his new retro VGM stream project (which I highly recommend dropping by even for a brief moment - they have some really awesome stuff there ripped directly from the source), I discovered that the Sharp X68000 version of Bosconian has an entirely unique set of music just for that port! Notably, two of the tracks are composed by Yuzo Koshiro - so if you're wondering why this sounds like Ys, you aren't mistaken.

Flash Flash Flash / Yuzo Koshiro
Bosconian (X68000)

Back
Top Bottom