• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

You can never go wrong with Okami music. Solid 9/10.

Let's go with some more Manabu Namiki today. You, the player, obey the orders of the "leader bee" without question. If you don't, you will be prosecutedt to the full extent of the jam.

The Battle Was Just "To Continue that Future" (Stage5) / Manabu Namiki 「あの未来に続く為」だけ、の戦いだった Stage5 / 並木学
DO-DON-PACHI DAI-FUKKATSU Original Sound Track 「怒首領蜂大復活」オリジナルサウンドトラック

AKA DoDonPachi Resurrection

Last edited:
This theme is top. 9/10 from me!

For those of you who know about the work of Jake Kaufman, otherwise known as "virt", you might know him primarily for his contributions to games done by WayForward, or indie game powerhouse Shovel Knight. Well, did you know he was once colleagues with the members of Basiscape? During his tenure there, he was brought on to rearrange the soundtrack to Ketsui ~Kizunajigokutachi~ (originally composed by Manabu Namiki) for DO-DON-PACHI DAI-FUKKATSU BLACK LABEL's Xbox 360 physical release, the disc of which included an exclusive BLACK LABEL Arrange mode which crossed the main Daifukkatsu BLACK LABEL gameplay with that of Ketsui.
While it's otherwise a standard game of BLACK LABEL, the addition of the chips system, Ketsui's true final boss Evaccaneer DOOM being crossed over with Dodonpachi series mainstay Hibachi to create the new true final boss HIVAC, the Tiger Schwert helicopter player ship being the only choice of ship (though you can choose from the three Styles, and it has two extra options as well as the Hyper Counter system), this very soundtrack - and heck, even the 360 box art (which also serves as the title screen for BLACK LABEL Arrange) - are all inspired by or imported straight from Ketsui. As a result, many fans dub this crossover mode "Ketsuipachi".

Today, I show you the second song of the album, the song for stage 1 of this unique crossover. This is INTERCEPTION - Town in Upheaval, as arranged by Jake Kaufman!

INTERCEPTION - Town in Upheaval (Stage1) / Jake "virt" Kaufman INTERCEPTION-喧騒の街 Stage1
DO-DON-PACHI DAI-FUKKATSU BLACK LABEL Arrange Mode Album 怒首領蜂大復活ブラックレーベル アレンジモード アルバム

Last edited:
It's dramatic, and reminds me of the Stone Tower Temple theme Majora's Mask, but being a sweeping orchestral piece with no clear melody, it's not my cup of tea.

(By the way, have any Nintendo Channel videos been uploaded to YouTube?)

I've never played Chrono Trigger, but I can tell that the main melody is the main theme of the game. It's a great sweeping overture that encompasses a variety of emotions.

Speaking of Square Enix...

I remember this from Final Fantasy Adventure (or whatever else it was called) on the original Game Boy, and it was quite a beautiful song... especially for an 8-bit system. And it's even more so here on the significantly more capable sound hardware of the DS, even if I think that there are even better versions of this song out there overall. 8/10.

And speaking of songs that sound better on significantly more capable sound hardware:

(And no, I'm actually not cheating this time!)

Back
Top Bottom