• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

Well, it is really repetitive after the first loop, but until then it still has a Kickass (the movie) rating on the Kickass scale (which goes from Ass-Kicked to I'm All Out of Bubble Gum). Whatever that means. Not that it has any bearing on the score.

Oh, and 5/10.

Not bad. I assume this would be more menu or cutscene music as opposed to action, as it sounds like something you'd hear during a briefing. 8/10.

I'm getting hype for this game, so here you go.

No title yet! All we know is that this theme corresponds to the opening sequence of Dragon Ball FighterZ. I can assume that it may be one of the game's unlockable battle themes...

Niiiiice. 8/10

Let's go with another SHMUP, one that's a bit different from my usual picks. Pushing the limits of the Famicom, Summer Carnival '92 RECCA is famous for a lot of things - including originally being playable only at events (making the original Famicom cartridge extremely rare), having pretty much no slowdown even when there's 20+ enemies on screen at once, and its unique techno-rave soundtrack, something that not a lot of NES/Famicom games did in its entire lifespan. The game may even predate the likes of Batsugun and DonPachi for being the Ur-Example of bullet hell - there's a lot going on at once on screen, especially in its special modes!

So today, I present to you the title screen (and Hard Mode Stage 7) music, RECCA!

RECCA (Title / Inverse Stage 7) / Nobuyuki Shioda
LEGEND CONSUMER SERIES: Summer Carnival '92 RECCA FAMICOM SOUNDTRACK

Ooh, Recca. One of my favorite soundtracks from the NES/Famicom... although this isn't quite one of my favorite songs from that soundtrack (because I prefer the longer and more epic tracks that come later in the game instead). 7/10.

In recognition of the (re-)release of a certain game:

8/10 Might get stuck in my head too, actually!

The Hymn of the Fayth/Song of Prayer is one of my favorites from the OST and I love how traditional sounding this one is. :)

Composer: Nobuo Uematsu

9.999.../10

I used to think choirs were melodramatic, but I'm liking them more and more as I get older. Really interesting chords, great mixing, great instrumentation. Man, I really should get around to playing Final Fantasy X some time. This is gorgeous. All I wish is that it were longer!

This might very well be the weirdest track I've ever heard in a video game. God bless the poor soul who stumbles into this thread only to hear this:

How unsettling. The reverse chords, the sudden cuts... I do like it when a song screws around with your senses. 8.5/10

August 5, 2219
OLD GAUL CITY
EARTH

AQUARIUM (AREA2) / TAMAYO (ZUNTATA)
Raystorm
Also in in Ray'z PREMIUM BOX -BEYOND- & Ray'z Music Chronology

Very nice track. I've always wanted to try this game out, if it wasn't quite so expensive here in the states. 8.7/10

Going out on a limb here with some MMBN music. While I think the Battle Network series usually has subpar music, some songs take the exception, and this is one of them. MMBN4 has the best soundtrack in my opinion, even though the game overall is one of the weakest in the series.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSW9pf9IrSo

Sounds different than most Mega Man music but I like it, has a really tense feel. 7/10

You might mistake this one for a Mega Man song, though it was written by Kinuyo Yamashita who did the soundtrack for the original Castlevania. Hornet Man's level theme from Mega Man 9 sounds a bit similar, I wonder if that might be intentional since Power Blade's Sector 3 has a hornet/bee theme.

7/10
I have the same issues with this as I do with that one song from Awakening that everyone likes, but it's less of an issue here. I think that song was called Id: Purpose (or something like that)
Although I do feel like I have to mention that I absolutely LOVE Zero (the battle theme). It sounds very similar to this one.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnXJjyLcwN8

(this is the extended version to avoid spoiling the boss's name)

Back
Top Bottom