• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

Even if the game's almost 10 years old? lol. I remember playing this boss... It was difficult as heck. 8/10
Very nice track. I've always wanted to try this game out, if it wasn't quite so expensive here in the states.
Your best options are probably to try getting the smartphone version (one exists for all 3 RAY Series games, surprisingly enough) or RayStorm HD, the most recent release (and one that is digital, but sadly Japan only) if you wanted to try it. In that regard it's probably the easiest to access for a more-or-less arcade perfect experience of one of the three titles, as RayCrisis' ports are way old (and it's the least ported of the three), and RayForce's last known port outside of the smartphone I believe was in one of the Taito Legends collections.

Well... My plan to post a specific thing from Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours just went out the window as I discovered the channel it was uploaded to just got bopped, haha. So we'll go with this instead. Ever heard of Castlevania on a PC Engine that isn't the PC Engine CD?

... Yes, that is a bit difficult to explain. But bear with me - Castlevania: Rondo of Blood used CD audio, as some of you may know. Yousuke Yasui being a fan of old-school video game sounds, it seems that he decided to go one step further for his contribution to the Akumajo Dracula Tribute Vol.1 album by rearranging one of its most iconic pieces on the hardware of a PC Engine itself - for me, it brings to mind the PC Engine port of the original Gradius as a result. So today, enjoy some Divine Bloodlines!

Divine Bloodlines ~Rondo of Blood (TurboGrafx-16)~ / Yousuke Yasui 乾坤の血族 ~血の輪廻(PCエンジン)~ / 安井洋介
Akumajo Dracula Tribute Vol.1 悪魔城ドラキュラトリビュート Vol.1

Last edited:
7/10. Nice and peppy, just the way I like my TurboGrafx music (and Sega Genesis music for that matter too). Could get stuck in my head.

Here's another track from a TurboGrafx game (kinda prefer the Sega Genesis one though).

It's very evocative of 90's attempts at cinematic MIDI music. 7/10

I feel like I'm cheating by putting Dodonpachi music in, but I'm kinda running out of options that aren't reposts or Taito music. So here we go!

Grieving Womb (Stage5) / Manabu Namiki 胎慟 Stage5 / 並木学
dodonpachi DAI-OU-JOU / KE-TSU-I kizunajigokutachi ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK 怒首領蜂 大往生・ケツイ~絆地獄たち~ オリジナルサウンドトラック

7.5/10-I'll be honest here, the slow buildup kinda ruined it for me. The song is catchy I'll give that, but not something I would listen to again.

Now for an amazing character theme from the best Switch game right now. Fight me! Cause it's not Zelda or Mario!!
BRINGER OF CHAOS!! ULTIMATE LIGHTING FURY SLASH...MAAAAAAAX!!!!

View: https://youtu.be/cHOVDqCeStI

7/10 Energetic and a bit dramatic, just what I would expect from this game (I haven't played it though). Kinda reminds me of SNES era Final Fantasy. 5 to be specific.

Back
Top Bottom