• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

Not my favorite Mega Man track, but I do like it for its atmosphere, especially with its surreal-sounding beginning and a percussive track that actually does kind of sound like dust blowing through the air. 7/10.

In recognition of the recent 20th anniversary of a certain game and its soundtrack, here's two versions of one song from said game and soundtrack, twenty years apart from each other. Please rate both if you can:

I like its atmosphere. 8/10.

Hi, forums! Been a while, huh? I'm gonna reintroduce myself with this. One of the many themes for the final bosses of the Darius series, I've come to enjoy this song as I listen to it and the other songs in this franchise, moreso than I initially did when listening to it. So without further ado, this is...

SELF / OGR (Hisayoshi Ogura)
Darius Gaiden Also appears in DARIUS 30th ANNIVERSARY EDITION

It almost sounds like there's two competing tracks in there, one trying to give off this whole mysterious vibe, which I like a great deal, while the other tries to go all 'gangsta', or something, which I'm considerably less a fan of. In other words, half of it I like and half I don't, so 5/10's a pretty fitting score, don't you think?

Bringing a touch of Mario Kart 8 into the main series with this one! I love it. Mario music has officially entered a new era. 9/10
It almost sounds like there's two competing tracks in there, one trying to give off this whole mysterious vibe, which I like a great deal, while the other tries to go all 'gangsta', or something, which I'm considerably less a fan of. In other words, half of it I like and half I don't, so 5/10's a pretty fitting score, don't you think?
I'm actually kinda triggered by this because it feels like a complete misunderstanding of musical genres to me, lmao. I assume you thought of the "gangsta" part due to the drums, but personally, I don't see it at all - though that may be due to the fact that I've listened to the entire soundtrack on repeat and more or less get what the musical style for that game is. I can understand not enjoying the song due to the relative dissonance of its melodies in relation to each other, but not for the reasons you explained.

If you prefer, there's this - a version of SELF that plays over the end credits, without the drums.

end titles / OGR (Hisayoshi Ogura)
Darius Gaiden Also appears in DARIUS 30th ANNIVERSARY EDITION

On that note, the only part I could feasibly understand about "gangsta" is that you may have been thinking of the sound of drums from back in the era when the game came out, which I want to say was around the mid 90's?

Back
Top Bottom