• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

Sounds a lot like an ending theme (or something that would play close to the end, at least). It's one of those songs where the vocals are pretty even if you don't know what they're saying (or maybe even partially because of that, haha). 8.5/10.

Here's another ending theme:

If that's being generated directly from the Saturn's sound chip, then that's quite impressive (it sounds a bit too good for it at times, though, so maybe not). Nonetheless, the song itself is very good; an exciting and dramatic main theme to start the game with. 8/10.

Here's something less dramatic, but (hopefully!) still pretty exciting:

8.5/10 very fun! I used to be obsessed with playing Sonic Spinball and Sonic R in this game.

Here is my top favorite track in P4 (which I'm still sad wasn't included in Smash Ultimate), I'll post the original and remix if you want to hear/rate both:

Original track:

Lotus Juice Remix in P4: Dancing All Night:

It's a bit more laid-back and "lounge-y" (for lack of a better word) than I would've initially expected from a Castlevania game, but that's certainly not a bad thing, and it definitely still sounds like Castlevania. Pretty nice mix of styles here! 8/10.

Here's something even more laid-back:

It's a lot more engaging than its rather laid-back groove would suggest, probably thanks to the quality of its instrumentation. And even today, I can kind of feel the novelty of getting that level of quality in video game music back in the 90s; that novelty makes it feel different from modern video game music in ways that I can't quite explain. In any case, 8/10.

This is definitely cheating a little bit here, but it is vaguely video game-related, so let's go for it anyway!

Or, to make it slightly more video game-related, here's a 16-bit-style arrangement of it as a bonus:

Back
Top Bottom