• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

It is quite lovely... the music alone is great, but having the vocals there makes the whole thing especially beautiful, I think. 9/10.

Haven't done two versions of the same song in a while, nor a remix. Let's do both this time! Here's the original version of a track from Gran Turismo 3:

...and a fan-made arrangement of said track:

(No, there isn't any Gran Turismo 7 coming anytime soon... :D)

The composition is really strong and moving, but I still think that songs like these are held back by the relatively underwhelming sound capabilties of the GBA (or at least how said capabilities are used here). I'd imagine that a fully orchestrated version — or even an 8-bit one — would sound absolutely incredible, though. 7/10.

6.5/10 I don't get a temple vibe from it, but I guess it's alright for what it is.

Blocked again :'( Guess I just need to find this thread faster haha -/10
Maybe I'm cursed to never post Three Houses music lol.

But seriously, Nintendo is going ham on blocking FETH music for... some reason. Guess I'll wait until hype dies down significantly before posting more of the glorious OST. Have some Shining Force instead:

8/10 Sounds pretty triumphant. I like it.

---

Here's some new Super Mario Bros-style songs of certain new level themes introduced in Super Mario Maker 2

9/10. That was crisp, sounds like they got an actual orchestra for that, I hope the whole sound track is that way (never played the game). It’s not a melody that I’m going to remember tomorrow, but I did like hearing it, there are some fun dissonant chords in there.

Poster below me... are you ready to be put in a time machine to 2001?

Back
Top Bottom