• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

Whenever I hear that scratching sound effect at the beginning, I can't help but imagine the sound of a dog barking, haha. Otherwise, it seems perhaps a bit quiet and reserved for a battle theme, but it does have its moments of prettiness that makes it enjoyable to listen to anyway. 7/10.

(Also known as "Sunshine Cassette" on the OST proper.)

9/10 - Fits its title perfectly. Makes me think of a sunny island beach :V

I was half not going to listen to it and just mark the thread as read, but I'm glad I didn't.
Very strong inspiring vibes. 9/10 Near perfect, seems I like the Bravely Default soundtrack, should listen to the whole playlist sometime.

Song begins at 40 seconds:

A simple yet pretty introduction to the game that reminds me how much the PS1 can sound like the SNES, in a very good way. 8/10.

Speaking of which, this song below was probably more appropriate to post on December 3rd given that it was the PS1's 25th birthday then, but oh well! Again from Alundra (and incidentally another introduction-type song):

I'll refrain from saying too much out in the open in case I end up revealing too much, but I will say that compared to other, um... similarly-themed Pokémon songs, I wouldn't call it the best, but I'd definitely say that it compares very favorably. 7.5/10.

Since we're down the rabbit hole of posting Sword and Shield music now, I'll go ahead and post one of my personal favorites here. It's spoilered like the above because — of course — it should be, even though the song in question appears in the first half-hour of the game:

(Extended version to avoid spoiler-y thumbnails from appearing at the end; beware of them appearing when pausing the video, too.)

Back
Top Bottom