• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

Perhaps a bit too much guitar, drums, and bass and too little melody on this one for me. Or maybe not too much guitar specifically — I don't think you can ever have too much of that — but I think that I've always preferred songs that have relatively strong melodies to them in general. With that said, 6.5/10.

A different pitch and speed can certainly make a difference in mood. It may not change the song much in terms of integrity, but the slowed nature of this arrangement yields a considerably melancholic feel that isn't felt in the original song.
Okay, don't judge me, but Dire Dire Docks, while a good song, has never really touched me, personally. Though I can see why it hits popularity lists, it hasn't ever really gotten my attention compared to something like Gusty Garden Galaxy. So... I really can't say whether this arrangement is any better-or-worse. I'll just stick with a 7/10, which is pretty much how I'd rate the original track to begin with. Again, it's a good track. Just... not my thing I guess.

The fact that there's some level of melody present vs. simply ambience definitely helps with leaving an impression here, and it's... kind of a melancholy one? It sounds almost like a dirge, one could argue. In any case, this is definitely engaging stuff here. 8/10.

Because you can never have too much Zwei!! in this thread:

Back
Top Bottom