• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

8.5/10 certainly a nice theme to hear when gifting/recruiting/doing quests/just wandering the monastery before a certain event happens; also pretty much my new favorite calm/easy going theme in the FE series in general. (this theme is actually what I use when I play FE Heroes while in the castle, arena menu, etc.)

Speaking of which, have the sad theme of the monastery:

8/10 I remember watching my brother play this game before I gave it a shot, the opening theme is one of those game songs that's still amazing imo (also it always gave me Solatorobo vibes, another great game with an amazing opening). I really need to play more from this series though.

It sounds suitably ominous for its title, even if the sound quality — or maybe the arrangement/whatever system it's running on — kind of reduces the overall impact a little bit. Maybe an orchestra would help here? That said, it's certainly not bad in this format, and it did grow on me as it went on. 7/10.

Help yourselves to another Atelier opening:

(The title of the actual song is "Looking Out at the Sea".)

Sounds prettier and more peaceful than some might initially expect from the likes of Dark Souls. Calm before the storm, perhaps? I wonder if the people who played this game when it first came out had any idea what they were in for while listening to this?
That aside, this actually reminds me a bit of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon's "character creation" (personality quiz) themes, probably because of the use of strings and bells in both, as well as a similar "calm and peaceful theme before an epic adventure" thing that they both kind of have going on. 8.5/10.

(Note that it's split into two parts.)

8.5/10 the first part sounds a bit like Touhou SA's stage 5 theme (or rather, it should be the other way around in this case lol), but my favorite of this track has to be the second part when it kicks in; sounds like things got slightly serious but not enough to feel apprehensive over.

Back
Top Bottom