• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

8/10. Lotus Juice Persona rap is always good. Not the best he's done though.

This is the battle theme from a SNES RPG nobody on this board has ever heard of that Youtube keeps recommending to me for some reason. I have no idea what it's about, but it opens with an MGM Lion Parody, it apparently has multiple branches to the story depending on the statgains/lessons you take, and from a gameplay video you fight book-reading angel babies in a cave at one point early on.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWni8c1X2Ms

tbh I think I have heard of this game, you'd be surprised at what games gets fanslations when looking at the dark depths of the hacking community (like the japanese chocolate mascot noobow has a mario clone that has a fanslation for instance, and then there's a dragon quest parody for famicom disk system that was fanslated but qualifies as... a certain genre only japan would think of putting on a game for no real reason)
either way 7/10

while on the note of japan only games that aren't the usual suspects (shin megami tensei, fire emblem, dragon quest, touhou, super robot wars, etc) how about some love for this obscure spinoff of the yakuza/like a dragon series, which is called the black panther duology by fans as it follows a professional boxer with that title as he returns to the ring because of circumstances beyond his control... all the while making some ties into the main series.

View: https://youtu.be/KUbJMiy5Ch8

9/10 mokou's always a good pick.

I'm going to go out on a limb and post a pure memetastic song now

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7ok5AV7ZrM

and this one will make you regret saying "not the bees" as it will make you rethink your stance on the bee's knees. and don't tell me you don't like it, or buzz off before I give you a stinging feeling.

okay that's enough puns for today, I'll leave that to ME :p

This was posted here before, wasn't it? It's not exactly something you can easily forget; how can you? Aside from me wondering how they were able to get voice samples to sound that good on the N64, I'm surprised by how legitimately good this is vs. how completely ridiculous it should be. It's quite addictive once (if?) you start getting into the beat; I actually listened to the full two and a half minutes without getting bored with it! Not bad for a song that otherwise sounds kind of silly in context (if the cover art is any indication of what to expect). 7.5/10.

EDIT: Oops! But in any case, more Shovel Knight music is always fine with me. Not much for me to say on such short notice, so let's go with... 8(-bit)/10.

I wonder what kind of music someone who's never played Etrian Odyssey would expect from a game with such cutesy anime artwork? Well...

Last edited:
4/10. Probably something that fits better in-game with ambient mood than for listening. Sounds more like a nightmare too.

Now here's another one of them weird Japanese games Youtube was recommending me the OST of. This one slightly more notable, it's called Last Armageddon. This game easily lands in the top 10 most insane RPG plots I've ever seen, and by proxy you. I'll just quote Wikipedia:

The humans, who breathed the toxin-filled air on Earth's surface, became one with the Earth and kept dissolving. The history of humanity ended and dominion of the planet returned to the demons. These mutant creatures did not depend on oxygen to survive. Therefore, they were able to breathe the air and use the land. Meanwhile, an army of robots wage World War IV against the demons in order to conquer what is now known as Makai - the Demon World. These robots came to the planet on a wave of energy that created an explosion that turned the world into a wasteland. Much later in the game, concurrent themes including Adolf Hitler, war, creating a perfect race of people, and the destruction of humanity in the year 1999 are revealed to the player inside one of the robot's main bases.

Can the demons gain dominion on the humans' old planet or will robots impose a millennium of logic and dictatorial force throughout Makai?

It is also a pretty mediocre video game at best, but the OST is another story. This battle song has 716k views on YouTube.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf7DQcJRDtw

There's nothing quite like the early days of CD-based video game music, and this sounds very much like its era in a good way. It's easy to see why people like it so much (although I'm sure that the legend of the game's... interesting premise probably helped to some extent too, haha). 8/10.

Fangame music below, apparently based on an actual song:

5/10-Yeah, that beat sounds like it shows up everywhere, so sounded "common" for me.

Note: This is a remixed preview song from the upcoming XenoBlade Chronicles Definitive Edition, if you don't want to be spoiled for the new tracks do not click on the spoiler.

Here is an alternate track if you don't want to listen to the first one, or just want to listen to both anyways.

Xenoblade Song: 9.5/10 Real good, I like the melody and it's always changing up at least a little bit so it never gets boring to listen to
Moon River: 9/10 Bayonetta music is always fun and bombastic

I just realized that I haven't even gone into the 3DS and Wii U eShop in a good while. Anyway still catchy in a good way, 7.5/10.

So I'm sure I've posted this track a while back in the thread, but I'm posting it again alongside the FE Premium Arrange II album version:

The vocal version from the mentioned album:

And speaking of that "Asian feeling", that's definitely plenty of that here! Although with a comparatively modern rhythm to drive things along. It's lively and exciting in a rather lighthearted way, a bit surprising but nonetheless really fun for an arcade shooter. 7.5/10.

(The song's title on the OST is "The Edge of Green".)

Back
Top Bottom