• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

The traditional Asian musical elements certainly make a positive difference here, mixing surprisingly well with a style that I otherwise wouldn't have been drawn to quite as much. 7/10.

The other Atelier Ayesha opening theme (that plays during the staff and voice actor credits):

Certainly quite the contrast to the other theme you've posted! Once again vocals are great and the music is definitely expressive, if you didn't mention it was from a game I'd have assume it was from a standalone CD or even a anime opening/ending. I give this one an 8/10.

Here is the full version of my favorite song from TMS#FE sung by my favorite character in the game, Yashiro Tsurugi (CV: Yoshimasa Hosoya, voiced in a lot of my favorite anime and has also voiced Male Robin, Male Morgan, and Shigure in FE Awakening, Fates, and Heroes respectively):

6/10 while I do like how it has some form of Irish/Scottish(?) instrumentals in it giving it a Spyro 2 (specifically the Fracture Hills level) and slight FE Conquest vibes to it, it otherwise doesn't stand out too much for me and doesn't give much of a "journey" feel to it like the title implies.

So this one is an arrange and mash up of two tracks in FE Three Houses. I already posted Between Heaven and Earth a while back in the thread but not Blue Skies and a Battle (maybe some other time, and all three are not being posted now since it'll be a long listen), both of these themes are the same but played differently in two certain maps/battles post and pre-timeskip:

7/10 probably my sixth or seventh favorite theme in the series, with it being my fourth favorite theme in SWSH.

I found out from my friend a bit earlier that one of my top favorite VN's is getting a Switch port (and hopefully it's companion piece A Requiem for Innocence gets ported as well), so in my excitement I'm posting one of my favorite tracks from the game (it has an amazing OST in general):

I remembered when I posted this I think a few months or so after it came out, still an amazing final map theme for the remake (honestly it was surprising for most of the fanbase that Gaiden even got a remake, now 4 and 5 next please Nintendo/IS). Anyway 10/10, original is just as great too.

Speaking of original Gaiden, might as well post the original final map theme too (I think I posted this one before as well, but oh well):

Sniping that in like 6 minutes! 7.5/10 for the original personally - has a good beat, but missing a lot of the grandiose. Tlthough crushing bastards was just as fun back in 1992. Also an amusing reminder that it was actually also a conversation theme in the original.

Starting a theme I guess.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFY5TPI-kaU

8/10-Still such a good track... Even if it was Chrom's turning point into turning into the most boring character of the game.

You think an area where you've been aiming for most of the second half would be epicably dramatic, well it's dramatic, just not in the way you think.
View: https://youtu.be/8NVjkXrFHyg

It's very much what you'd expect it to be for a game like this, in a good way. Sweepingly epic with a grand orchestral arrangement to match, it's the kind of track that takes you to many places both thematically and emotionally, and is most definitely worthy of being the main theme of the game. 8.5/10.

Back
Top Bottom