• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

8/10 - No Comment. It's just really good.

Now for the JoJo game that people often just forget about. It's based off of the 5th arc, Vento Aureo/Golden Wind
Mainly cause it was never released worldwide.
It's the last JoJo game that Capcom worked on before they handed over the rights to Bandai Namco (I think)
smh they should have used this instead of il vento d'oro

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31sPpeIvaS4

The first few seconds reminded me a bit of Tales of Phantasia's music, of all things, up until the other elements started to come in. Actually, this doesn't sound too far removed from SNES music in general, which is interesting — from a certain point of view — considering that it's the PS1's sound chip that's closer to the SNES's legacy than the Saturn's sound chip. But it's probably just similaries in instrument choices here, especially the drums and string-like instruments. In any case, I've always liked RPG songs from the 16- and 32-bit era that use instruments like those, and this particular song is no exception. 8.5/10.

From Saturn to PlayStation, you could say... Atelier Marie again (you'll be hearing a lot of music from that series here from this point forward, haha):

As before, help yourselves to a re-arrangement as well:

5/10 I have no real strong feelings towards this series or it's OST since I've only played like 4 games but this track feels lacking to me. Maybe it's cause this series OST's almost never sticks to me but I'm not really feeling this one either.

Back
Top Bottom