• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

It's a bit too meandering in the melody for a singluar musical piece, but it does sound as ominous and foreboding as one might expect from the title, so I'd imagine that it would sound much better in context. Nonetheless, 6.5/10.

Those who are very familar with Etrian Odyssey soundtracks might also be familar with the music in this particular track:

I like the melody. The instruments are well used and don't clash with each other. Sounds like something straight out of a Mario Game, which it is.
8/10.

I recently got into the Metal Slug series, and I think it's a nice little gem.
This is the Final Boss theme of Metal Slug 5, which is arguably my favorite version of the Final Attack theme found in most of the Metal Slug games.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVgWczIMjfo&t=53s

Being another SNK title, this Final Attack theme is also included in challenger pack #4 of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate alongside Terry.
So that's cool.

I like the melody. The instruments are well used and don't clash with each other. Sounds like something straight out of a Mario Game, which it is.
8/10.

I recently got into the Metal Slug series, and I think it's a nice little gem.
This is the Final Boss theme of Metal Slug 5, which is arguably my favorite version of the Final Attack theme found in most of the Metal Slug games.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVgWczIMjfo&t=53s

Being another SNK title, this Final Attack theme is also included in challenger pack #4 of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate alongside Terry.
So that's cool.

10/10 agreed and can’t wait for the fan remake of this particular metal slug either

View: https://youtu.be/af9pTcq5uSo

It's arguably a bit repetitive in some ways, but it's also surprisingly catchy and addictive despite that (even if it feels just slightly short, too; it even sounds like there's more to it at the end, maybe). 8/10.

Another re-arrangement of the same Atelier Marie song I posted earlier on this page, except this time with vocals:

I really like the jazzier style that this arrangement goes for compared to the original, even if said original is arguably closer to the game's overall "feeling", for lack of a better word. But the wonderful thing about arrangements is that they don't have to sound the same as the original (and sometimes, the best ones don't). With that said, 8/10.

Back
Top Bottom