• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

10/10-I really like this track, I've been meaning to make a playlist of all the video game songs I like and this probably would go on there.

Well since Age of Calamity is coming soon EVERYONE GET YOUR LADLES!!!!! Let me share one of my favorite tracks from Breath of the Wild.

View: https://youtu.be/Kk4uGUrM868

This sounds like that kind of "peaceful" town theme that you'll hear at least one instance of in every RPG and is almost always wonderful, especially here with that lovely instrumentation backing it up. 9/10.

From Ar Tonelico (made by the same people who created Atelier):

8.5/10 the track definitely sounds appropriate for the title, also wouldn't sound too out of place in the Shining series.

@InfiniteBakuphoon glad to see another Ar Tonelico post, I was beginning to wonder if anyone else here knows of the series!

Speaking of Ar Tonelico I'll post a track from my favorite installment in the series:

Beautiful enough to make even grown men cry... what more needs to be said? 8/10.

@Tactician Karina
I've only just started getting into the series' music (and I actually first heard the song that I posted about an hour or two before I did, haha). What little I've heard so far (mostly Hymmnos tracks, so the boss theme you posted kind of caught me off-guard a little) has blown me away, as I probably should've expected from the same people who created Atelier's music. Expect to see a lot more Ar Tonelico music from me here later!

For now, though, here's an instrumental version of a song that I posted here a while ago:

I want to play this game but I still need to get back to the first game since I've only played very little of it. Because of that I don't really know what to exactly say about this track, so 8/10. You can definitely tell it comes from a Bayonetta game from the instrumentals and elegant-like style from the music alone.

I don't really remember if I posted this one before, I think I have around a year ago? Well I'll post it anyway since this is one of my favorite renditions of the FE theme:

It's practically impossible to make bagpipes sound boring, I think, so it certainly starts out very pleasantly! The rest of the song also sounds quite pleasant, not in a particularly stimulating way but more in a "setting the mood" kind of way (as it was almost certainly designed to do, and which it does quite well). 7/10.

Have another Ar Tonelico Hymmnos song below:

Last edited:
I've only played four Harvest Moon games (was always more into Rune Factory personally), but it's always neat seeing a track from the series. That being said I give this track a 5/10, I don't dislike it but I'm not really hearing/feeling anything related to fall and just sounds like any other minor GBA game track.

It sounds kind of like your typical "sad" theme at first (if a well-composed one); not in a bad way, but still. Then the pretty orchestral arrangement — which, as usual for this game's music, sounds more like something you'd hear in a movie than in most JRPGs — started to grow on me, and then the last few seconds went to a place that I didn't expect it would go to (presumably a plot- or character-relevant place). One of the surprisingly better tracks from this game that I've heard so far. 8/10.

Back
Top Bottom